Error when launching Titanfall 2

by cyzzsantos

Original Post

DisplayName field missing from registry

★★★ Newbie

DisplayName field missing from registry

can't even launch the game with this error popping up each time, contacted support but they've directed me here in hopes I will find help in fixing this problem so I can play my game again.

Message 101 of 145 (1,729 Views)

Re: "Could Not Activate" – Battlefield 1 (Trial) despite owning full g

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The EA app dev teams have rolled out an update for the EA app that should fix this issue.

The fix is implemented in version 12.77 (or above) of the EA app. 

Please check if your EA app is up to date. You can do so by clicking the hamburger menu in the top-left corner of the EA app, followed by clicking on 'About'.

Capture.PNG

If you see a lower number at the end, please run the 'EA Updater' that should also be installed on your PC (comes with the installation of the EA app).

Please let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please collect some EA app logs and generate an EA app Error Reporter ID and share the Error ID with us here in the thread.

The EA app logs can be found in C:\ProgramData\EA Desktop\Logs & C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\Logs, please put those logs into a .rar or .zip file and attach them to your report in this thread.

Thank you.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 102 of 145 (9,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I ran the EA Updater, but unfortunately it says that the EA App is up to date and the error persists.

Message 103 of 145 (1,682 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @milanprodanov22,

If you're still experiencing this issue, please collect some EA app logs and generate an EA app Error Reporter ID and share the Error ID with us here in the thread.

The EA app logs can be found in C:\ProgramData\EA Desktop\Logs & C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\Logs, please put those logs into a .rar or .zip file and attach them to your report in this thread.

Thank you.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 104 of 145 (1,614 Views)

FİFA 23 " ACTIVATION REQUIRED " EROR

★ Novice

I bought fifa 23 yesterday and download but when ı want open game origin says "ACTIVATION REQUIRED
To play DisplayName field missing from registry\., you must first activate it on your EA account."I wrote to the authorities twice but what they said didnt work 

what should I do?

Message 105 of 145 (1,455 Views)

Game won't launch at all

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

Hey! I have been having some issues with launching Battlefield V. So, whenever I try to launch the game, a big box of text pops up (DisplayNameFIeld missing from registry). I am sure I am using the original account that bought the game and it even says that I have 100+ hours in the game. I have tried to uninstall and repair the game but no luck. EA app is also up to date.dawda.png

Message 106 of 145 (1,588 Views)

Re: Game won't launch at all

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @imfurey,

I have merged your post with an already existing thread about this.

Could you take a look at the marked Solution and report back if this works for you?

If not, please collect some EA app logs and generate an EA app Error Reporter ID and share the Error ID with us here in the thread.

Thanks.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 107 of 145 (1,546 Views)

Error when launching Titanfall 2

★★ Novice

Whenever I try to launch Titanfall 2 I get the following error message: "too many computers have accessed this account's version of displayname field missing from registry".
I have contacted EA text support but they were unable to do anything to help. Is there any way to get around this and actually play the game I paid for?
I'm playing on Steam and I haven't either launched the game through another device or signed into my account through another device. I haven't launched the game while using a VPN or anything like that.

Message 108 of 145 (1,503 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Leeuw I just reformatted my SSD and reinstalled Windows 10. Still getting this with Anthem. Tried it a month ago as well and got the same thing. Submitted the error report via the EA App like you guided others to do. I've attached the log files compressed as requested. Thanks!

Message 109 of 145 (1,477 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @magenzion,

I do not see a file attached to your reply, nor do I see the requested Error ID.

It would be better to share the Error ID here in the thread, as per my above-posted message.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 110 of 145 (1,446 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help