Re: Cannot launch Multiplayer on TitanFall 2

by rainbowdashboard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot launch Multiplayer on TitanFall 2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello,

A previous post has been created here, but no solution was found and an EA staff member advised to recreate a topic. So here I am.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/I-can-t-launch-Multiplayer-on-Titanfall-2/td-p/565792...

I have been trying to play Titanfall 2 for the past few days, and I cannot launch the multiplayer by any mean. When I last played 2 years ago, it worked, but it doesn't work today anymore.

The main menu says "Data Center: Searching..." and "Contacting Respawn servers".

I have been trying to launch the multiplayer for two days, been troubleshooting this problem for ours, and I already contacted an EA assistant via chat (Stefan) who couldn't help me, at all.

Here is everything I've tried:

- Disabling every single network adapter except the one I use

- Using Wifi instead of Ethernet, or Ethernet instead of Wifi, and I even tried with an external USB network adapter and disabling everything else

- Disabling firewall & windows defender entirely

- Opening ALL of these ports from my router:

• TCP: 1024-1124,3216,8080,9960-9969,18000,18060,18120,27900,28910,29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124,8125,18000,29900,37000-39999

- Additionally, removing my router firewall, enabling DMZ targeted to my computer on my router, enabling UPNP on my router

- Launching the game via steam or via origin

- Restarting the computer, restarting the router, multiple times.

- Repairing the game via steam, and via origin

- Uninstalling & reinstalling network drivers, and restarting

None of that worked. I am still unable to play TitanFall 2 in multiplayer. I am stuck at the same screen. I have tried every technique I found, and a combination of all of them, to no avail. This is not a server issue, because my friends can very much play the game.

How can I solve this issue? I've checked the connections with Wireshark and the ports with powershell, it seems that the games sends packets to (a game server?) and expects an answer on the port 1024, but the Titanfall2.exe application doesn't ever listen on that port, so the packet gets dropped. Is that a software issue known to the developers?

If that's a problem on my end, how can I solve it? I would love to play the game multiplayer.

Warm regards,

339XglHbGD.png

Message 1 of 43 (30,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I upgraded to an 11900 and had this same issue, for me the fix was this: https://www.pubg.com/en-us/intel-ice-lake-cpu-crash-workaround/

Seems with the "newer" intel CPUs something changed that affects OpenSSL. go figure. I didn't even need to reboot after. 

---edit---

In case the link ever goes down, you add a new Environment Variable (under system) with the following:

Variable name: OPENSSL_ia32cap
Variable value: ~0x200000200000000

View in thread

Message 5 of 43 (30,160 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Update:

I have reinstalled Windows 10 entirely on a new partition, then straight up reinstalled Origin and Titanfall 2. 

The same issue happens and I still can't play multiplayer.

I then hard reset my router to factory settings. The same issue happens and I still can't play multiplayer.

Other games, like Apex Legends, work fine.

Message 2 of 43 (30,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im also having the same problem ive done everything suggested but still not able to connect to the servers

Message 3 of 43 (30,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem as well. I had it installed on my previous computer with Windows 7 and have been playing it just fine for the last few weeks. Just upgraded my computer hardware and installed windows 10, now it suddenly can't connect. Just like you I've tried every available solution I could find. Also playing through steam.

Message 4 of 43 (30,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I upgraded to an 11900 and had this same issue, for me the fix was this: https://www.pubg.com/en-us/intel-ice-lake-cpu-crash-workaround/

Seems with the "newer" intel CPUs something changed that affects OpenSSL. go figure. I didn't even need to reboot after. 

---edit---

In case the link ever goes down, you add a new Environment Variable (under system) with the following:

Variable name: OPENSSL_ia32cap
Variable value: ~0x200000200000000

Message 5 of 43 (30,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Oh my god, I can't believe this worked. I just got the 11th gen i5 so it's the same thing for me. I have no idea how you figured out that would work, but thank you so much. Instantly fixed it.

This needs to be pinned on the front page of the forums for this game.

Message 6 of 43 (30,152 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The only problem is, in trying to fix this problem, I created a new origin account and linked that to my steam account instead of my old one. Now it says I can't relink another account for 6 months, which means I've lost all of my progress and unlocks. Wonder if they'll change it back if I open a support ticket somewhere, assuming you even have the option to do that with EA.

Message 7 of 43 (30,149 Views)

★★★ Novice

This was absolutely it, congratulations. It works perfectly now <3

The EA support needs to be made aware of this fix & include it in the troubleshooting FAQ for TF2.

Have an excellent day!

Message 8 of 43 (30,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@rainbowdashboard Amazing! it worked for me too. Thanks a ton!! I'm so happy I found you thread before I had to try anything else.

And I have to say... @LouveHurlante is my new troubleshooting hero, I don't think anyone ever got as far as you did trying to solve a problem. I'll never feel discouraged again ;-)
Message 9 of 43 (29,985 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@rainbowdashboard thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Message 10 of 43 (29,749 Views)