Re: titanfall2 connection issues

by ptrman

Original Post

titanfall2 connection issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having severe titanfall2 connection issues. I have played under the same account on two different PCs on two different networks (not at the same time, of course) for about a year. I had some issues months ago with microstutter but that is no longer a problem. Both of my PCs are now having the same issue; one PC is wired the other is wireless. The game will load/start and I can get to the main menu. I can click on Play and it will eventually take me to the match loading page, but frequently hangs up there. If I do manage to get into the match, the game will hang when the match ends. 

I've spoken to EA support several times on this issue. I've gone through the dns flush and deleting origin from appdata roaming, appdata local, and programdata. I've run repair and update. I've uninstalled Titanfall 2 and Origin and reinstalled each of them. I spoke to my ISP (comcast) who looked over my router and helped me setup port forwarding as outlined here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/#titanfall2.

I ran an OU trace report, which I've attached. There is some debate on the internet whether the unknown hosts or the 100% packet loss are actually problems. My ISP says there is nothing wrong with my connections. 

Is there a solution out there? This was never a problem until the last month or so.

Message 1 of 7 (936 Views)

★★★★ Novice

One additional question. The UDP ports that should be forwarded are in the attachment. Should there be a comma between 29900 and 8125? When I try to forward port 29900 8125 I get an error message.

Message 2 of 7 (933 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You are on the fifa 18 board. You might have more success on the Titanfall 2 boards.

Message 3 of 7 (924 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks! Didn't realize that.
Message 4 of 7 (912 Views)

Community Manager

@ptrman As I advised you in the other thread one look at your UO Trace and it is obvious that you have connection issues, you have packet loss of 1% on a number of hops and your Ping best/worst is very high. A Ping best/worst difference of over 100ms points to issues with your network and on your UO Trace you have Ping best/worsts differences of 200ms. This is a huge issue. In the image below, I have highlighted the issues with your UO Trace. If your ISP has seen your UO Trace and said that they can see no issues then they must not know how a connection works as your UO Traces show big issues with your connection. 

tfuo.PNG

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (899 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The problems seem to start with the hop to the Telia servers. A little bit of googling shows that Telia are often a problem with online gaming connections. So what can my ISP (Comcast) do to fix the Telia problem?
Message 6 of 7 (891 Views)

Community Manager

@ptrman Unfortunately we have no input as to how your ISP routes your data.Your ISP picks the path from your router to the game servers. If you have issues with how your ISP is routing your data then you can look into using a VPN or discuss the issue with your ISP. 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (886 Views)