Re: titanfall 2 doesn't launch

by almightyk3buba

Original Post

Accepted Solution

titanfall 2 doesn't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So I downloaded the Titanfall 2 10 hour trial on origin and played through the tutorial and all was smooth and good. Later I decided to buy the full game and so I did but now the game won't launch, I press play and the origin window minimizes as usual but after 1-2 sec it appears again as nothing has happened, the game doesn't show up in task manager or show that I'm playing on origin either. I don't know what could be wrong, the specs of my pc should be meeting the requirements because I played the tutorial before on highest settings without stutter of fps drops with solid 60+ fps.

Things I've tried to do:

*Run both the game and origin as an admin

*Repair the game

*Disable antivirus

PC Specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k @4.00GHz

16gb of RAM

AMD R9 290

If anyone knows how to fix this I would really appreciate help!

I added my dxdiag if that would help.

Message 1 of 9 (7,651 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

So I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game with my antivirus disabled so it wouldn't disturb the installation and when it had come to the "play while you download" part, the play button lit up and I was able to launch the game and play the tutorial as which I was able to do before aswell.

After a few hours thanks to my potato internet, the download was complete but now I had the same issue, nothing happened and then I tried all the things I had done before and the things I was told to do such as clean booting and clearing up some space on C:/ but still no progress.
I later booted up the pc like normal and it suddenly launched but right after the EA logo it froze, made it windowed and not much else, it did not say it wasn't responding or anything just frozen. I then turned off a bunch off programs (one at a time) first lightshot then rainmeter, but when I turned off PlaysTV it worked! So I guess it didn't enjoy being recorded. I've played both the mp and sp now and I have no more issues.

Still have no idea though what could have made it do nothing not even start a little so something or somethings you told me to do probably fixed it.

Thanks for the help!

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (7,956 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@almightyk3buba

Can you please let us know if uninstalling the demo allows you to play the full game?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (7,626 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's just grayed out in the origin library and the only options when I right click it are 1. Show game details 2. Add to favorites 3. Game properties 4. Unhide
It didn't download any new files after I bought the game it just made an quick reinstall (took <10 sec) on titanfall 2 and if I look where It's installed, it basically created another exe in the installation folder named titanfall2 instead of titanfall2_trial and renamed folders

Another thing I just noticed, it does say that I'm playing now when I press play on origin now after I changed the language to english on origin but nothing else new just nothingness if this helps

Message 3 of 9 (7,624 Views)

Community Manager

@almightyk3buba

Try just rebooting and then retry. If the problem continues, try a clean boot before playing: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

barry.png
Message 4 of 9 (7,614 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried rebooting a few times both normal and clean but nothing changed, still doesn't feel like starting :/

Message 5 of 9 (7,608 Views)

Community Manager

@almightyk3buba

Okay, some more troubleshooting steps:

• Update the drivers for, or disable your Killer e2400 N.I.C. and use the equivalent on your motherboard.
  • Disable any and all security software such as antivirus and firewall just temporarily and for testing purposes.
  • Try to free up some hard drive space on C:/ (aim for two times your RAM, so 32GB)

Again, let us know if any of these steps help.

barry.png
Message 6 of 9 (7,586 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

So I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game with my antivirus disabled so it wouldn't disturb the installation and when it had come to the "play while you download" part, the play button lit up and I was able to launch the game and play the tutorial as which I was able to do before aswell.

After a few hours thanks to my potato internet, the download was complete but now I had the same issue, nothing happened and then I tried all the things I had done before and the things I was told to do such as clean booting and clearing up some space on C:/ but still no progress.
I later booted up the pc like normal and it suddenly launched but right after the EA logo it froze, made it windowed and not much else, it did not say it wasn't responding or anything just frozen. I then turned off a bunch off programs (one at a time) first lightshot then rainmeter, but when I turned off PlaysTV it worked! So I guess it didn't enjoy being recorded. I've played both the mp and sp now and I have no more issues.

Still have no idea though what could have made it do nothing not even start a little so something or somethings you told me to do probably fixed it.

Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 9 (7,957 Views)

Titanfall 2 dosen't launch

★★ Novice

Hello,

I just download the game Titanfall 2 , i click on PLAY but it dosent launch... nothing happend. I open task manager and i dont see the game running or something, only sometimes for a few seconds :-??

I HAVE ALL UPDATED , video card , motherboard , windows etc..

---------------------------

Windows 10

Intel Core i7-8700 4.60 ghz

HyperX 32GB Ram

GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB DDR5 192-bit

I have all microsoft visual C what i need for the GAME up to DATE !

Message 8 of 9 (6,976 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does anyone else find it sad and bewildering that instead of putting a check in place for your local cache files on launch, or heck even a local cache file refresh when you launch Origin; the Origin development staff has left us this little tidbit where we have to manually go into an AppData xml file and tweak one line in order to get the multiplayer functionality of a game to work.

I have never had to do anything like this with any of that games on my Steam library. Er. Mah. Gerd.

Message 9 of 9 (6,889 Views)