Re: "Connection to server timed out" when playing mutiplayer -wasn't a

by zFreightTrain

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Connection to server timed out" when playing mutiplayer -wasn't an issue before

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I 've been playing Titanfall 2 for almost 3 months now with no real issues.
Once or twice i encountered the infamous "connection to server timed out" message when trying to play multiplayer. It was fixed back then by exiting the game, restarting origin then give it a second try. That usually made it work.
However, since yesterday i haven't been able to play at all. Here's what happens:
1- I fire up the game ,  launch multiplayer and it connects mostly to the London datacenter (my region is Europe obviously )
2- I pick a mode (tried them all, nothing works) then launch it up and one of 2 things occur:
    a) Either it starts searching for players and it works normally till i get to the "Jumping to location" screen, then the loading circle freezes for a few seconds and i get thrown back to the main menu with the     "connection to server timed out" message
    b) Or the loading circle while it searches for players freezes then i get thrown back to the main menu with the "connection to server timed out" message, never really passing the main multiplayer screen

When the issue happens once after i launch the game, i mostly get scenario b) afterwards i.e don't get to pass the main multiplayer screen. Sometimes i get thrown back to the main menu even without starting to search for a game i.e if i sit idly for a few secs in the multiplayer screen it times out

The restarting origin/my system doesn't work like before. No network or system settings have changed. I play several other online games with no issues whatsoever (Battlefield 1, Overwatch,..etc).

My system is running on Windows 10, with 32 GB of ram, a 980TI GPU , and a skylake i7 6700k processor.

Would really appreciate any help here as the game right now is now totally unplayable because of this issue

Message 1 of 8 (6,159 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Hello Archi,

I've tried all of the basic troubleshooting steps before i contacted you and the campaign mode was working fine with no issues.

I did manage to make it work again by disabling the inactive network adapters and leaving the one used for my internet connection. I've tried this solution in the beginning as suggested by some out there but it didn't work at the time, not sure why. Maybe that fact that i cleared the DNS cache afterwards helped ?Again, not sure.

Anyways, thanks for your offer to help.

Tx,

Mufasa

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (6,542 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @o0Mufasa0o 

I am really sorry for those troubles with the Titanfall 2. Can you first try to perform our basic connection troubleshooting steps? Have you restarted your router? Titanfall 2 in campaign mode works fine? 

Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 8 (6,092 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello Archi,

I've tried all of the basic troubleshooting steps before i contacted you and the campaign mode was working fine with no issues.

I did manage to make it work again by disabling the inactive network adapters and leaving the one used for my internet connection. I've tried this solution in the beginning as suggested by some out there but it didn't work at the time, not sure why. Maybe that fact that i cleared the DNS cache afterwards helped ?Again, not sure.

Anyways, thanks for your offer to help.

Tx,

Mufasa

Message 3 of 8 (6,543 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @o0Mufasa0o 

Thank you for coming back and posting your solution. PC troubleshooting can be tricky sometime, but it is good to know you have sorted this out. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 8 (6,067 Views)

★★ Novice

mine has the same issue but it doesnt fix when i clear the caches

Message 5 of 8 (5,149 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Who keeps marking these as solved. BUMP

Message 6 of 8 (4,561 Views)

★★ Apprentice

BUMP.

We want some answers or a reply

Message 7 of 8 (4,497 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Titanfall 2 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (4,454 Views)