Re: "Connection to server timed out" for some maps, need help

by Nonname123C

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Connection to server timed out" for some maps, need help

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just purchased titanfall 2 recently, finished campaign and tried multiplayer, everything was normal until i tried to join a game

When i connected to a match it will automaticly disconnect me from the game and back to main menu and get an error message "Connection timed out", oddly enough i can only play frontier defense mode and yet only map i can play on is rises, if it's other maps than it will occur the same error

Anyway to fix the problem? I'm currently using wifi connection, getting about 90 pings but still playable. I really want to play multiplayer mode beside frontier defense

And my multiplayer menu still working as normal, just when i tried to connect a match, i fixed many problem with the rounters, refresed origin, and unistall and reinstall.

Any solutions?

Edit1: i'm now able play other maps in frontier defense mode of 75% i'll join successfully and 2 maps in attrition mode (rises, exoplanet). In attrition mode i'll always join a game late and on a losing team and getting some pretty intense lag spike (even though i'm running at 50 fps and sometimes i make it 80 fps still lag spike, while in frontier defense it runs smoothly, it may takes sometimes to load the map and getting lag spike but not much of a problem though, maybe too much pilots actions for me lol, i'll do another post about this if i can't find a solution for this)

Kinda like unlocking progress for me, but still kinda frustrating i can't join a game at like 50% of the time i can join it

Edit 2: Using the Ethernet, still the same, i checked the connection speed requirements and it said 512kps or above, i tested my connection speed and it said 14.04 Mbps download and 16.27 Mbps upload to the nearest server (Singapore) and still having difficulty in connecting to a match.

Now it has a newer problem, sometimes when i join a game, it will load me in in the dropship before the game begins

Everything loaded up except for everyone, only me and the faction leader, after a few seconds it disconnects me out. Still frustrating, just want to enjoy this game with its beauty

Edit 3

Now i can connect to a game successfully with some maps: Rise, Glitch

Other maps can't not be too sure to always success loading me in.

Is this a game problem, my pc problem or just the server problem? 

Message 1 of 2 (1,099 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

I found the problem!

It turns out that i don't have enough RAM to play this so sometimes it couldn't load some maps to play and the result is "Connection to server timed out"

So what i did is add in some more RAM by using Virtual RAM (still need to buy 2 x 4 gb RAMs if i can afford it)

And now every maps and every modes are now playable to me

Note: If you have 4GB of RAM than i suggest to add 6144 MB to the Virtual RAM (to make it into 8GB of RAM)

How to? 

Take 1024MB (1 GB) multiply it by your current GB of RAM that you have, for me it'll be 1024 x 4 since i got 4 GB of RAM and multiply it again by 1.5

=> 1024 x 4 x 1.5 = 6144

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,228 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

I found the problem!

It turns out that i don't have enough RAM to play this so sometimes it couldn't load some maps to play and the result is "Connection to server timed out"

So what i did is add in some more RAM by using Virtual RAM (still need to buy 2 x 4 gb RAMs if i can afford it)

And now every maps and every modes are now playable to me

Note: If you have 4GB of RAM than i suggest to add 6144 MB to the Virtual RAM (to make it into 8GB of RAM)

How to? 

Take 1024MB (1 GB) multiply it by your current GB of RAM that you have, for me it'll be 1024 x 4 since i got 4 GB of RAM and multiply it again by 1.5

=> 1024 x 4 x 1.5 = 6144

Message 2 of 2 (1,229 Views)