Re: gimme English plz

by Imprezobus

Original Post

gimme English plz

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello dear Titanfall Community.

I wanted to discuss the region lock rules and present why it is the greatest problem of Titanfall 2 release.
The game was originally made in English language, and then translated to another languages. For those of you who use English as native language, it may seem obvious that games should be translated to other languages, so the people in there could play it in native languages.
But you know what? The brutal truth is that 10x more resources are spent on original dialogues, the cinematics etc, than on the translations. Also, the cinematics are never adjusted to fit the specific nature and feeling of particular language. And as a result, 99% of all translations ever were worse than the original.
In Poland, we have a nice term for people who prefer dubbed movies than the original one with subs. We call them morons. We hate the dubbed versions, and we try as hard as possible to skip them and see the ioriginal stuff.

And now, we feel we're forced into being morons by the region lock mechanics, which forces us to use the translated version of the game, instead of the original product we've been waiting for months.

The idea of dubbing the games to another languages may be, altogether, scrapped, because its not a pro. Its a con, its worsening the game, its spoiling the experience. Please look at the other topics within this forum and see that most complains are about being unable to use the original english voices for audio. If you consider a dubbed game being a pro for some of the people, and you're okay with wasting resources on things that are not wanted - well, its your money and your resources, we, the community, cannot forbid you so. But why do you block us with setting it to native language?

Another problem with translations is that the names of objects are translated. This prevents communication between different regions - in Titanfall 1, there was a weapon called "Cykuta" in Polish, and in English its "Hemlock". If there is a polish word "Cykuta", then 99.99% of Polish people does not know it. As a result, in a weapon discussion is impossible, because there is nothing in common between those names. Translating private names of objects should be a criminal offence, and should be prohibited by law for causing havoc in the population. Please, fordid your translation teams from doing so, Maps, Titans, Weapons and Character names should never, never, never ever be translated.

There is an amazonian tribe which language is of very specific nature: it altogether lacks the "past-time" grammar. There is no way that you could discuss history with this tribe, as they lack such a concept as "past". You could, if you really want, attempt to teach them history. And you could, if you really want, play a dubbed game. But you know? Sometimes dying is a less painful and quicker solution to a problem.

I am sure that you will learn how a great product experience is spoiled by a poor design decision, and fix this in some patch soon. Otherwise, Titanfall 2 will be the last game I've bought on Origin - much to my own regret.

Message 1 of 4 (596 Views)

Re: Being forced to torrent download a preordered original game - gimme English

★★★ Novice

I have just heard the dubbed trailer available below, and I have decided to halt all my activities for today, and spend rest of the day crying in a pillow for the wasted and destroyed potential.
Polish language is great language for poetry or literature, but it is of very specific nature, and simply translating English sentences to Polish is like hammering a nail straight into own ear. Its officially the saddest day of 2016 gaming scene.
http://ecache8.m10r2.cdn.onet.pl/ceph/ca4be58c-7844-45c8-a6ad-76178e20e83e.1476964711.182520.mp4?co=...

Message 2 of 4 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Imprezobus AHQ is more of a help site, and I can't comment on the language restrictions or the quality of translations. You may want to post a modified version of this on the official Titanfall boards. 

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/categories/general-discussion

However I would leave out the references to illegally acquiring the game, we won't allow posts of that nature. I've edited them out of this thread and I recommend avoiding such references in future. Normally such posts would be just removed, but you've clearly put some effort into this post so I didn't want to just nuke it. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 4 (575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_David thanks for not removing it, I hope you understand I'm just a heartbroken fan which was locked out of original, purchased product by a decision of someone unrelated to making the game itself, working only on selling it. I will post these comments on general discussion forum.

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5197/being-unable-to-play-original-undubbed-preordered...

Message 4 of 4 (570 Views)