Re: White screen on startup after changing the language (game won't start)

by Kest142

Original Post

Accepted Solution

White screen on startup after changing the language (game won't start)

★★★★★ Novice

I'll keep this as short as possible, so please forgive me for not writing full sentences.

- I changed to language of the game through Origin to English -> The game only displays a white screen when starting it through Origin and then "it stops working."

- I used the almighty Google a bit and apparently the game doesn't like it when it and Origin itself are set to different languages, so I switched Origin to English as well.

- After a pc restart: still nothing; game displays a white screen and crashes

So that's were I'm at.

Here's what I've tried so far:

- changed the games resolution through its config and inside the start properties through Origin

- did the same thing with fullscreen mode, so it's off now

- disabled Origin in game

- uninstalled the game through origin and downloaded it again -> problem persists (but this time it installed itself with English as the default language, so I didn't need to change that)

All my drivers are up to date and I didn't install anything that should interfere with the game since the last time I played it (a few weeks ago). 

But I did notice that there was an update since the last time I played it, so maybe that's the actual problem. 

I had the same issue a while back where the most recent update broke the game in the same way. (But of course I don't remember how I fixed it that time, because I'm a genius)

Specs:

Win10 64bit

i7 4770

16GB RAM

R9 380X 4GB (not overclocked)

Windows on an SSD and the game on a HDD)

DxDiag is attached 

Message 1 of 3 (319 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, so um... now this is embarrassing. 

I decided to try it one more time before I play something else and now it just... works.

I didn't change anything. I didn't close or start anything. I literally just double clicked on it again expecting it to crash immediately.

Consider this problem as solved, I gues. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (348 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, so um... now this is embarrassing. 

I decided to try it one more time before I play something else and now it just... works.

I didn't change anything. I didn't close or start anything. I literally just double clicked on it again expecting it to crash immediately.

Consider this problem as solved, I gues. 

Message 2 of 3 (349 Views)

Community Manager

@Kest142 Thanks for coming back with the update. Please let us know if you do start to encounter issues again, and if the same problem returns I'd be interested to know what language format your Windows is set to. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 3 (301 Views)