Whenever I play, my computer has a tendency to "lock" and then turn off.

by UnityOE

Original Post

Whenever I play, my computer has a tendency to "lock" and then turn off.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When I play Titanfall 2, my computer frequently "Locks". It just stops my game, takes me to a blue screen which says "locking" and then locks my computer. Very annoying.

I know that this is an issue which people have all the time on WIndows 10 (which is what I am on), however, it should be noted that this only happens to me when I am playing Titanfall 2, so I suspect it is more of a game/Origin issue as opposed to a Windows 10 one.

It is very inconsistent, sometimes it never locks, sometimes it does it after half an hour of gameplay.

Keep in mind that this is not a crash, as my game does not actually close, but my computer basically just goes to sleep, when I wake it back up, Titanfall 2 is still running (though it disconnects me from my match), so there is no crash report.

I am using an HP Pavilon 15.6 Gaming Laptop, I can run Titanfall 2 with almost max graphics at 60 FPS.

These should be my specs

• Windows 10 Home 64
  • 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 processor
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 (3 GB)
  • 8 GB memory; 256 GB SSD storage

So far I have set my power and sleep settings to sleep never.

I have tried launching Titanfall 2 as an Administrator.

I have restarted my computer.

I have checked for driver updates.

I have repaired Titanfall 2 within the Origin launcher.

Still an issue.

Message 1 of 4 (386 Views)

Re: Whenever I play, my computer has a tendency to "lock" and then tur

Community Manager

@UnityOE 

While bluescreening is outside of the scope of support we provide, there are some basic steps you can take to help prevent occurrences.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (344 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry Well then where can I ask and get help? I'm pretty sure EA doesn't have a support ticket system.
I tried what you suggested and nothing worked.
Message 3 of 4 (327 Views)

★ Novice
@UnityOE The issue is on your laptop manufacturer's side. HP Pavilion 15 notebooks that have been updated to latest BIOS update are having this issue when they're under load. Same happens with other games too. Keep watch on your products software update page. New BIOS update should fix this issue for you when it comes out.
Message 4 of 4 (294 Views)