Re: Unable to launch titanfall 2 on Windows 10 64 bit

by Dromedastars

Original Post

Unable to launch titanfall 2 on Windows 10 64 bit

★ Novice

Hello, I have a Lenovo Legion 7i 15 with i9-10980HK cpu, RTX 2080 Super/max-q gpu, 32GB ram running windows 10 standard 64 bit. I have dowloaded titanfall2 through the EA beta destop app which I obtained from my subscription to Xbox ultimate game pass. When I try to launch the game a window briefly appears and then nothing happens. So the game isn't launching for some reason. I've searched online and haven't really found anything that has fixed it. I did place msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll files in a number of folders in the titanfall2 directory since initially I was getting a message that those files were missing from the directory. Also, I copied a couple other .dll files from the windows system32 folder to the windows systemwow64 folder. These were suggestions from an online thread for resolving issues with launching the game on a 64 bit system. With those changes I'm now getting a pop-up window with an error message that I've attached to this message. Can anyone help me resolve this issue with being able to launch the game? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (902 Views)

Community Manager

@Dromedastars 

Syswow64 is a folder that Windows uses to copy or restore its own system files from, so copying files to that folder will not do anything really.

Check the following post for good info on getting the correct DLL files into the correct place: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Cannot-load-Mirr/m-p/9979835#M29866

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (879 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for the response. I tried installing the vcredist x86 and x64 files and the game still doesn't launch. I removed those two msvc.. dll files I previously placed in the game directory and now I'm getting the original message that those two files cannot be found. When those two files are in the directory then I get the message I attached in my first message. Any other suggestion? Thanks.

Message 3 of 4 (854 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, do you have any other suggestions for how I can get Titanfall 2 to run on my Lenovo Legion 7i Windows 10 computer? I tried what you previously suggested and I'm still getting the error. messages about those two DLL files not being found. I would really like to play this game since it's included in my EA membership. Thanks

Message 4 of 4 (774 Views)