Titanfall Multiplayer connection error, can't find data center

by Kepler_7894i

Original Post

Highlighted

Titanfall Multiplayer connection error, can't find data center

★★★★ Novice

I just bought Titanfall 2 two days ago and i am unable to connect to a data center it just infinitely searches for one. I have tried port forwarding, disabling all network adapters other than the wireless connection I'm using, restarting the game, loading into campaign and leaving then trying multiplayer, disabling and then enabling my wireless network adapter, connecting using my phones hotspot, changing my origin account password. attempted to repair game files (nothing to repair), attempted to update (nothing to update), restarting my router etc. I have been trying for ages and looking all over the forums and i still cant get anything to work and I know its not my internet connection as I have a good internet connection and can play multiplayer on other games just fine, please help.

Message 1 of 10 (2,677 Views)

Re: Titanfall Multiplayer connection error, can't find data center

EA DICE Team

Hey there @Kepler_7894i  Thanks for the details! Standard smile  

Have you tried cabled connection also do you have firewall or anti-virus blocking Titanfall 2? Also worth testing Apex Legends to see if that works.

/Atic 

Message 2 of 10 (2,571 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic thanks for the tip.

I have tried a cabled connection and made sure my firewall and antivirus allow Titanfall 2 but I till can't connect to a data center.

I've tried apex legends and that works just fine, connects to data centers instantly.

Maybe its an error with Titanfall 2 specifically?

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Message 3 of 10 (2,537 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

The connection to TF2 via the Xbox has been flakey this weekend.

1. delay in connecting to the data centre 
  2. Lengthy delays in Connecting to matches
  3. hearing the start sound for a match that never connects
  4. encountering opponents line ‘unnamed bot5’
  5. in game lag
  6. disconnect from matches 

I’ve been playing this games regularly for YEARS and have never see it this bad! 
What is going on?

Message 4 of 10 (2,466 Views)

★ Novice

Hello there!

I've been having the same problems on PC during the weekend and now Monday morning the game won't retrieve the matchmaking list. Connection to Amsterdam is fine and reports around 20ms.

Message 5 of 10 (2,458 Views)

★★ Novice

This morning tried for an hour to get into a match on London data centre reported 4ms.

had to restart my game a few times to get into data centre but zero matches started.

Message 6 of 10 (2,456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic- I'm having similar issues in XBox.

I have my Xbox connected to cable, Open NAT Type and a very stable connection.

EU servers are not working correctly.

Matchmaking not working, very high ping numbers sometimes in the game, brutal lags and when the game ends, it crashes and goes to main menu.

Can someone please take notice and do something about this?

There is still a big community around TF2. Don't let it die on apathy.

Thank you!

Message 7 of 10 (2,404 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Prodigy_Dancer77 @TossACoinTF2  Are you still having network issues on Xbox one Tf2? 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 10 (2,210 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This EXACT same issue has been happening to me, and I have tried the same options of repair that you describe. I tried repairing the game files, disabling all other network adapters i was using (which were all not connected besides LAN anyways....), I reinstalled the game, tried wifi instead of LAN, changed router settings for NAT type, checked that all ports are open (every single port is open for titanfall 2).

I have only been able to connect ONE time to a server in Sydney (Sydney GCE 1) which was the only one that allowed me to connect. I am on PC btw.

Message 9 of 10 (2,126 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had the same issue, except on PC. made my own thread about it, too. Frown

Message 10 of 10 (2,029 Views)