Titanfall 2 won't load, only a white screen

by Thunderclart

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 won't load, only a white screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Any ideas why Tatanfall 2 won't load into the game, just goes to a white screen and stays there.

Titan X Pascal

i7 6700k

Message 1 of 12 (10,979 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall 2 won't load, only a white screen

★★★ Novice

How to fix this

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local

Open up videoconfig.txt with Microsoft Notepad.   

Change the following lines to a supported screen resolution. For example if your PC monitor supports 1080p, you would edit the file with the following values:

"setting.defaultres"       "1920"
"setting.defaultresheight"       "1080"

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (11,651 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

How to fix this

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local

Open up videoconfig.txt with Microsoft Notepad.   

Change the following lines to a supported screen resolution. For example if your PC monitor supports 1080p, you would edit the file with the following values:

"setting.defaultres"       "1920"
"setting.defaultresheight"       "1080"

Message 2 of 12 (11,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you this helped start up the game! finally after months of waiting for titanfall 2 to come out.

Message 3 of 12 (10,904 Views)

★ Novice
I have the same problem Titan x pascal 6700k .....I have a wire scream and I don't know how to fix
Message 4 of 12 (10,889 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Thunderclart 

Thank you for posting this  workaround! 

@Quitplaying927 

Have you tried above mentioned solution?

Archi.png
Message 5 of 12 (10,806 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

U can try change resolution by setting parameters -width  X -height Y

Examples for 1920x1080:

1) In "Titanfall 2" shortcut properties:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2\Titanfall2.exe"  -width 1920 -height 1080

or

2) in Origin RMB on a game-> Game Properties -> Advanced Launch Options -> Command line arguments

-width 1920 -height 1080

Details here: https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/59ztd2/usefull_titanfall_2_shortcut_arguments/

Message 6 of 12 (10,783 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

did NOT work  I still get the following message:" Failed to CreateGameWindow. Resolution Supported?"  I have Alienware and have played anygame I put in it until now. Titanfall 2 is f@#$ed.

On top of that I cant get help from EA. this chat help stuff is week and shows just how much EA thinks about its customers.

Message 7 of 12 (10,772 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I found a solution, I hope it keeps working. Must type it now so other TF players will get some relief (hopefully) .

- in Origin right click on TF2 icon--->Game Properties--->Advanced Launch Options--->in command line arrangements type: -width 1280 -height 720

These are the dimensions for TF1 !!!!!! I think EA / Respon only cares about console gamers...very sad. Good luck guys/gals hope this works and you can find it, because I did not get a lick of help from Respon or EA...very sad.

Message 8 of 12 (10,757 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, helped me !

I first tried it but it didn't work. Then I realized that I was running the game as standard user (Origin asks admin password occasionally).

So I had to use  the Administrator folder   "C:\Users\AdminUserName\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local"

I hope this might help someone too.

Message 9 of 12 (10,737 Views)

★ Novice
what if it already says that??? I've tried everything repairing,uninstalling ,reinztalling, update drivers,even went as far as getting more ram to meet requirement but what wierd is it played fine until last monday then I tried to launch and just a white screen.. I don't get this because all of mynother games run great! this is my only origin game I play sooooo I dunno I'm stumpped.
Message 10 of 12 (10,086 Views)