by Ranchero1969

Original Post

Re: Titanfall 2 won't launch

★ Novice

bought it for months now alsp Frown

Message 41 of 77 (4,124 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok i dont know if this works for you but i also had the black screen everytime i tried to start the game...what i did now i edited the videoconfig file located here : Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local

in there i changed this line from :

"setting.fullscreen"        "1"

to

"setting.fullscreen"        "0"

As you can see i just switched from 1 to 0 now the game starts in windows mode , all you have to do now is hit "alt+enter" and the resolution goes into fullscreen ! now you can close the game and it will start first of all and it starts into fullscreen.

Message 42 of 77 (4,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, played it for probably 20 hours total. The game didn't update or anything, nothing changed filewise. I tried to launch it, nothing in taskmanager, Origin lists me as in game, and then straight back to online after the launcher fails to launch. 
Plz help. I just want to land titans on people

Message 43 of 77 (4,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game won't start for me when I press play in Origin either, but it works fine if I launch Titanfall2.exe directly.

Message 44 of 77 (4,003 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't even have a "local" file to try this?

Message 45 of 77 (3,706 Views)

Community Manager

@Ranchero1969 Hey, can I check you're looking in My Documents, not the Origin Games folder? 

You may also want to check in the reliability monitor for any crash reports for the game? 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748864(v=ws.10).aspx

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 46 of 77 (3,686 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the EXACT Same problem and the same specs and i have the same problems. But i could play the trail flawlessly.

Message 47 of 77 (3,636 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 wouldn't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@lindkvast92 

There have been a few dozen posts in this lengthy message thread, with many AHQ members participating, and a variety of different systems owned by each of those involved. 

You neither supplied a DxDiag, nor referred to any specific member whose DxDiag you believe to have been an absolute dead ringer for the one you didn't give us.  We find that claim to be somewhat unlikely, really.  Based on what you wrote, we can do nothing other than this: 

This guide applies to any game, NOT limited to just the DA: I game at all:  
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/How-to-post-the-relevant-info-when-you-create-a-ques...

Message 48 of 77 (3,631 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My game also stopped working a few days ago but after the most recent Origin update.I have done all the normal troubleshooting procedures and also have over 100 hours in the game so I know it is on Origins side. Hopefully sorted out soon.

Message 49 of 77 (3,620 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA/Origin/Respawn your game/platform is obviously having issues. After plenty of troubleshooting its perfectly clear that it is on your end. FIX THE PROBLEM. It has been almost 5 days now that I have not been able to play a game that I paid you for. Soon the only choice I have will be to file formal complaints against your companies.

Message 50 of 77 (3,610 Views)