Re: Titanfall 2 won't launch

by vanglo

Original Post

Re: Titanfall 2 wouldn't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

There have been a few dozen posts in this lengthy message thread, with many AHQ members participating, and a variety of different systems owned by each of those involved. 

You neither supplied a DxDiag, nor referred to any specific member whose DxDiag you believe to have been an absolute dead ringer for the one you didn't give us. 

The active question from @lindkvast92.  Meanwhile, take off the blinders, put on the eyeglasses, look around where you are.  We are game players here, doing peer to peer advices.  Not EA, nor Origin, NOT Respawn.  To offer *them* advice, and / or feedback, you must be where they are.  Not here at AHQ.  

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/

Message 51 of 77 (4,532 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Origin has been updated and the game now works for me.

Message 52 of 77 (4,516 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@lindkvast92 

@lindkvast92 wrote:

I have the EXACT Same problem and the same specs and I have the same problems.

Did you notice the reply about your inadequate information? 

Message 53 of 77 (4,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, I found another solution where game won't start after playing free trial version, and buying a full game after.

If You have problem to start a game just delete main *.exe files from main game directory (eq: Titanfall2.exe and Titanfall2_trial.exe), and start REPAIR GAME from Origin app. Accept all notices about Select language and other T&C., and wait to download these files again.

Mine helps and save lots of time to redownload...

regards

K4

Message 54 of 77 (4,387 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post @K4smo Generally the trial  > full transition should be smooth, but it's worth checking your steps if anyone encounters the same issue. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 55 of 77 (4,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie
For me, I can launch titanfall by double clicking the desktop shortcut, but when I open task manager, it shows that titanfall if around 50 percent loaded, and it stays like that no matter what I do to try to fix it. Any suggestions???
Message 56 of 77 (4,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I Just bought Titanfall 2 today only to be disappointed. The game wont even start up. I've looked everywhere and I've done everything in my power to get the game to work but I end up getting nowhere. I've tried doing a clean boot up , I've re-installed the game, I've Repaired the game, I've gone through the games files, I've changed the language several times and yet none of these tasks ended up working. If anyone has any Ideas of how I can fix this, it would be amazing to finally get this game to work.

Message 57 of 77 (4,039 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

This worked for me. THANKS !!! :D

Message 58 of 77 (3,960 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried everything suggested in this thread and nothing's worked for me. It's unfathomable to me how long this issue is persisting without an actual clear solution... or the fact that it hasn't already been fixed almost a year later.

Message 59 of 77 (3,829 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh my... GOD! I went through every other step, except the putting up my DxDiag, in this Tech issue thread.
Language change - No, that pretty much did nothing.
Repair option - Nein, didn't fix or do anything even if it went on for a good 5 minutes doing something.
Change to windowed - No, didn't work
Update files - Nope, wasn't that either
Delete the .exe files for trial and full game and let Origin reinstall these files - Oh, yes THIS works. An incredibly easy and very weird kind of bug

This aside, I do STILL have the issue of the game always starting up on my secondary screen, and having to move the window or having to use alt+enter a few times in order to "force" it onto my main screen. Minor grievance and something "corrected" easily enough on the startup of the game though.

Message 60 of 77 (3,395 Views)