Re: Titanfall 2 won't launch

by SilverSpartan197

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hello guys, had the same issue, changing the Origin language to the game's one solved the problem. @Ranchero1969 try to change your language to, say, chinese and change it back to english.

Message 31 of 77 (6,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am completely floored by how this game simply refuses to open a window and run. I've tried reinstalling the game, updating my graphics card and processor, injecting the client, reinstalled Visual Basic and switching around with Origin and the game's languages. Nothing worked! It's one thing to get an error message, but how is anyone supposed to figure out how to repair the solution when the program itself doesn't even tell you why it refuses to load.

Message 32 of 77 (6,134 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks! Set the same language for Origin App and game has started!

Message 33 of 77 (6,125 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thy guy who thought that Origin application should not show the errors from game executables to the user is an idiot and should be hit in a head with something hard.

The guy who thought that tying Origin display language with in-game language - for both installing and running games - is an idiot and should be hit in a head with something hard. Then probably fired.

The guy who made a decission to sell only localized Polish/Russian game version in Poland without ANY normal way of getting other languages (other than getting a key from an unauthorized resseler) is a COMPLETE idiot, should be hit in a head with something hard MULTIPLE times and then FIRED because WHAT THE *.
The guy who runs Origin's help desk department without telling employees that there is something called Origin log file and it should be checked as soon as someone has problems with running anything through origin - yes, is an idiot, should be hit in a head with something hard and then fired.

So. Now back on topic. If you have problems with running Titanfall 2 or anything else, check the "debug.log" file right next to main Origin executable. It (hopefully) contains timestamped errors of what went wrong at the time when you tried to run the game. If it has something like that:

[1204/135107:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

...then you need to switch the Origin language to the same language in which your game was installed - because of idiots listed above.

If you have anything else there, paste it here so other idiots can figure out what's actually wrong.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" and "Try disabling antivirus software.". Yeah. Someone watched too much of IT Crowd.

Message 34 of 77 (6,113 Views)

★ Novice

В ланчере сменил язык на русский и все заработало

Message 35 of 77 (6,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, i've tried to change the language back to English as it is installed but still doesnt work. Got multiply of debug code(but guess few of them are from earlyer tries, all debugcodes are the same) 
[1201/145103:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

Searched so much and cant find nothing.

I actually played 3 hours, went to bed and the next day this occured. So frustrating to not be able to play.

Also put my dxdiag here so you can see my specs.

Message 36 of 77 (6,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have that:

[1217/182431:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

Message 37 of 77 (5,825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same issue here. But maybe a little different.

Windows 10 version 1607

Radeon Rx 480 8GB

16 GB ram

i5 2550k @ 3.4GHZ

When starting the game, this error show up:

"

Engine Error

CreateTexture2D Failed to create texture shadowdeptharray with AGS

Return Code 0x5:

width: 1024 height 1024 mips: 1 copies: 80 imgFormat: 0x10 flags: 0x6080000"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Even followed the system file checker. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Even got the support to tell me do clean boot, check my requirements and stuff.

They even didn't want to escalade it further.

Seriously, the support is poor and EA is just showing me again that it's a cash machine and not quality games. 

They had almost 2 months to fix basic issues like this and they are still present in the game.

EA, you create hypes, but sorry you are not able to sustain it.

Message 38 of 77 (5,809 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have done what you said but instead of saying what you typed it says this ''[1206/153059:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(291)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale'' what am i going to do.

Message 39 of 77 (5,784 Views)

★★★★ Novice

2 months, 29 days, 15 hours, 49 mins, and 55 secs....and I still haven't played this game lol.

Message 40 of 77 (5,580 Views)