Titanfall 2 won't launch

by Ranchero1969

Original Post

Highlighted

Titanfall 2 won't launch

★★★★ Novice

I just installed Titanfall 2 and the game won't launch. I have updated directx and and drivers, repaired in origin. When I click in the game icon it just opens origin and when i try to launch the game from origin it just syncs the cloud data then does nothing even though origin says i am playing the game.  My specs are intel i7 CPU 860, nvidia geforce gtx 750 ti, and 8gb ram.

Message 1 of 77 (27,006 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 won't launch

★★★ Novice

Same thing here.I installed the game but when I click Play nothing happens.I can see in Task Manager that the game is running but it won't start.

Message 2 of 77 (26,904 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Issue is occurring for me too.

Message 3 of 77 (26,862 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, can you try restarting with a Clean Boot and try again? I want to ensure that no 3rd party programs are interfering. Attaching your dxdiag may help too, I'd be interested to see if there's a shared hardware factor. 

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 77 (26,854 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did a clean boot and the game still won't start. Titanfall 2 doesn't even show up in the task manager as running like some people have said. Also I forgot to mention my OS is Windows 10. And here is my dsdiag attached.

Message 5 of 77 (26,823 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get it that my CPU is weak(Intel i3 4170) but I have EVGA GTX960 SSC and 8Gb of RAM.It should at least open the game menu or something,but instead all I get is Titanfall 2 icon in Task Manager.

Message 6 of 77 (26,807 Views)

Community Manager

@causancija96The CPU should be fine.

@Ranchero1969 Can you both check your reliability monitor, can you see a crash report for the game?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722107(v=ws.10).aspx

Perhaps temporarily disabling your antivirus as a test will change the game launch process? You can try this at least, to double check that your AV isn't a factor. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 77 (26,761 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well I tried the antivirus and still nothing....A bit dissapointed to be honest,because I see many other players are having the same problem and there is no sollution to fix this problem.Thanks anyway.

Message 8 of 77 (26,741 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I am also trying to launch the game.

I have the same problem that it doesn't launch, but when I look at the chat is says that I'm in game.

I don't know if it has to do with this problem, but when I started the first time (during loading) I could see a loadingscreen of respawn.

Then there was a pop-up saying : corrupted file found,  repair of re-install.

(Game is now fully installed)

What should I do?

Message 9 of 77 (26,733 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I apologize that I'm not the most technical person. I scanned through my performance monitor and didn't see any errors, and there were no crash reports. Literally nothing happens other than origin opening when I try to launch the game. I also disabled my anti virus and it did nothing. I once had something similar to this happen with a different game. It had 2 different launcher, 32bit and 64bit. The game wouldnt run in 64bit so I had to rename the 32bit launcher 64bit. Titanfall 2 only has the one launcher so I don't know if this helps.

Message 10 of 77 (26,732 Views)