Titanfall 2 won't launch(but seems to be running in task manager)

by alienshooter101

Original Post

Re: Titanfall 2 wouldn't launch: This thread is solved

★★ Novice

Same problem with me? Thanks for your time!

Message 31 of 46 (2,743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The game CANNOT run on any Pentium!  It requires an actual quad core, or at the very least, an 13 / i5 that has Hyperthreading, so it can emulate a quad. 

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3240 @ 3.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.1GHz 

P. S.  I am relatively sure that I had already told someone else here in this thread the very same thing. 

Message 32 of 46 (2,733 Views)

★★ Novice

Dang, thanks for your help!

Message 33 of 46 (2,727 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It is always best to pay attention to the system requirements, and save the trouble of the refund process (or for a retail product, the loss of your money!) 

Message 34 of 46 (2,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my pentium has hyperthreading because it is a G4500 and it is 3.5 ghz and it still won't launch. I wonder what you have to say now? This seems like a problem that needs to be fixed and I know that my system CAN run this game somehow. Please provide an answer and do not shrug me off. I am not the kind of person that likes to be told that I cannot do something.

Message 35 of 46 (2,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

It is always best to pay attention to the system requirements, and save the trouble of the refund process (or for a retail product, the loss of your money!) 

Your Pentium, same as most Pentium Core Two CPUs, is only being advertised as a two-thread device.  There are some of them, true enough, now including the feature, although I cannot seem to come up with any quick page in the 'net summarizing which of them have it. 

Message 36 of 46 (2,619 Views)

★★★ Newbie
No sir my Pentium heads for Threads as per the hyper-threading technology. I just installed a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti along with my Pentium 3.5 gigahertz model g4500 socket 1151 and it has four threads and not two. This game is still not working and I have I don't like that.
Message 37 of 46 (2,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Never mind that I checked my BIOS hyperthreading is N/A and Staples lied to me when they sold me this CPU. I'm going to have to take this up with staples because now I'm really mad. I got lied to and I have proof of that in writing on a web page.
Message 38 of 46 (2,611 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 won't launch(but seems to be running in task manager)

★★★ Newbie

I have been running with no issues Titanfall 2 for a couple of months.  This morning it wont' load ORIGIN or TiTANFALL 2.  Have tried everything I know and no luck.  

Message 39 of 46 (2,602 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 won't launch (but seems to be running in task manager)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@gmc1946 

Sorry, can't do a thing for you without our usual, normal diagnostic information! 

This guide applies to any game, NOT limited to just the DA: I game at all:  
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/How-to-post-the-relevant-info-when-you-create-a-ques...

Message 40 of 46 (2,595 Views)