Titanfall 2 (steam) doesn't launch- stuck on black screen after Respawn logo

by Haran_Senaar

Original Post

Titanfall 2 (steam) doesn't launch- stuck on black screen after Respawn logo

★ Novice

So I recently picked up Titanfall 2 on steam. I finally went to play it a few days ago, and to my dismay it didn't work. The game seemingly boots up fine, displaying the opening credits and logos, finishing with the Respawn logo (with a small loading symbol beside), before going black and freezing indefinitely. I can alt-tab out of the window, but am unable to close it normally (as it is fully frozen at this point) , forcing me to end the process with Task Manager. After a quick search online & finding posts from others with the same problem, I tried the method of disabling Origin in-game display. Upon rebooting, Titanfall 2 launched fine- and ran perfectly - so I know that my computer, as is, should be able to run this game.

After about an hour in game, I logged off for the night. When I returned the next day, so too had the infinite black screen after the Respawn logo. Strangely, origin's in-game display was still turned off: this fix had simply stopped working out of the blue, overnight, after initially working... I have since tried running steam / origin as administrator, verifying all the files, re-installing the game several times, etc. to no avail.

My brief experience with the game was awesome and I really would like to be able to play this again...

Thanks in advance for any / all help on the matter! Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (998 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 (steam) doesn't launch- stuck on black screen after Respawn logo

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Haran_Senaar make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Titanfall 2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 2 (901 Views)