Titanfall 2 servers have been hacked. EA/Respawn are ignoring the issue.

by Popderock

Original Post

Titanfall 2 crashing with ReadPacketEntities: Failed error message

★ Guide

1st the game goes really REALLY slow then freezes then crashes with the error message      ReadPacketEntities: Failed  After dismissing the error message you are back at the Main Menu.  This has just started to happen, but now happens with each game today.  No changes in my System, Which was working fine with TF2 for months.  It smells like the same kind of shenanigans that eventually took down the TF1 game and made it unplayable.  I certainly hope not.

Message 2 of 477 (35,696 Views)

Titanfall 2 servers have been hacked. EA/Respawn are ignoring the issue.

★★★★ Novice

It is impossible to play Titanfall 2 multiplayer. The same hacker from Titanfall 1 has brought their serves down. You either can't connect or once you do there is so much lag the game is not playable. This is NOT a problem with my connection many other players have reported this.

Who's doing this?
As far as we are aware, it's still the same person who's been doing the same thing for the past 3 years. Their name is Jeanue, they've used many different Origin usernames, the first being jeanue. The current name of their main Origin account is xxxTitanfailxxx, and from what we can tell, they're now in control of the Origin account NtrlBornKilla as well.

The exploit has been used for years by Jeanue, which he himself lovingly called the "Atomic Bomb" in the bot's name when it joined lobbies and wasn't using the exploit to crash users. It's caused by a buffer overflow caused by the name provided by Jeanue's bots.

While it's possible to fix the buffer overflow, there's a separate exploit deployed since December 2020 which crashes users even if they have the Little Boy exploit patched. This will cause the server to kick the player, and so far we're not aware of a way to fix that issue. Because this new exploit uses more bots and has a larger impact while similar to the older Atomic Bomb exploit, I opted to call it the Fat Man.

Joining any global multiplayer server will result in speed mods that make it really slow to move. We have tons of reports open and EA/respawn is just ignoring the problem.

Message 1 of 477 (15,194 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 crashing with ReadPacketEntities: Failed error message

★ Guide

Here's a better snapshot of the error message

Message 3 of 477 (35,670 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Fenris50 make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth reinstalling the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Titanfall 2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 4 of 477 (35,606 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to larger player base, its not a client issue.

Message 5 of 477 (35,134 Views)

★★★ Novice

It has just started happening to me as well. For the last few days now. Anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Message 6 of 477 (35,113 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here, 2 friends and me buy the game and we are having the same problem, help

Message 7 of 477 (35,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic Seems like it's happening to everyone. Everyone in the games I queue into reports serious lag, and then I disconnect with the error. Seems like it's a server-side issue
Message 8 of 477 (35,064 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This isn't a client side issue. These are server attacks by the same person who rendered TItanfall 1 unplayable. 

https://twitter.com/ImGaze_/status/1398440300897398784?

This individual has "blacklisted" specific players/creators from playing the game altogether. These are the attacks being referred to in the below tweets from Respawn

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1395446711682838530?

https://twitter.com/RKRigney/status/1403041047106756610?

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1403041380902055940?

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1379204515748929538

I have been unable to play since April Rendering my account with 4000 hours unusable and meaningless. Respawn has said they are working on the issue however It has approx 3 MONTHS since the issue has been brought to their attention.

Message 9 of 477 (34,979 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 servers have been hacked. EA/Respawn are ignoring the issue.

★★★ Newbie

This is very true and quite sad that a company as big as Respawn/EA cannot get their * together and maybe try to fix the games so they aren’t selling a game that doesn’t work and a game, if you are in a lobby with any kind of Titanfall 2 streamer, you will be experiencing artificially high ping because a little * piece of * decided to hack the servers, and Respawn just decides to ignore it.  And now even with the Apex playlist hack, someone is now blocking people from their only others escape into the world of Titanfall. (Sorry for the language, this is just a problem I feel very passionately about and since it is just being ignored, I think the only way to convey my anger towards the hacker and EA/Respawn for the hack is in a very harsh tone).

Message 10 of 477 (14,669 Views)