Titanfall 2 not launching

by murk40

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 not launching

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello

I recently bought Titanfall 2 for PC and it has downloaded fully. When I try to launch it from Origin it opens Cloud Sync, then Origin disappears for a second and comes right back. No error or anything. When i run it from the .exe or the desktop shortcut it simply opens origin and the same happens. I have looked at almost every post for this issue and I tried everything I could. I have hard uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, I have run the vc .exes from the __Installer folder in the Titanfall 2 folder. I have uninstalled and reinstalled TF 2 , repaired it and still the same happens. My specs: CPU - Intel Pentium G4600 3.6 GHz; 8GB RAM; Geforce GTX 1050 TI; My games are installed onto an external HDD but I haven't gotten any luck in the default folder too. I have attached my DxDiag.txt file, I don't know if it will help. /Edit: My OS is Windows 10 64bit

Message 1 of 55 (2,718 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall 2 not launching

★★ Novice

Nevermind, I managed to fix it. It turned out the problem was in a .dll - either xinput1_X.dll or d3dcompiler43.dll. I deleted them, rebooted and then reinstalled them through directx.

View in thread

Message 3 of 55 (2,651 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @murk40

When you have the chance could you try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC to see if that helps at all? If there's something else running on your PC that could be preventing the game from launching that may help us get around it. 

For more information on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know how it goes when you've got the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 55 (2,657 Views)

★★ Novice

Nevermind, I managed to fix it. It turned out the problem was in a .dll - either xinput1_X.dll or d3dcompiler43.dll. I deleted them, rebooted and then reinstalled them through directx.

Message 3 of 55 (2,652 Views)

Community Manager

@murk40 

Excellent, I'm glad to hear you were able to figure out what was causing it. I appreciate you following up and letting us know how you were able to get it fixed. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 55 (2,629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I know it's likely you won't see this message, but I have the same issue and have seemingly tried everything. Where did you delete these dll files and did you reinstall them using the redist in the TF2 folder?

Message 5 of 55 (2,614 Views)

★★ Novice

I would like to know also since I bought this game and I don't get anything. Any ideas on what could fix it? 

I really want to play but this is pissing me off that I tried everything. Restarting my computer, reinstalling it, cleaning up my PC, and more. I just want to be able to open it up and be able to enjoy it ;-;

Message 6 of 55 (2,549 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there. 

You're not seeing any error messages at all when it happens? It's just trying to launch, and then nothing happens? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 55 (2,521 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep that is what is happening and have been happening for a while. Seeing if I delete the entire folder will help since when I checked it I saw how it's only private. Like in BF4 to play with others you have to make it public(hard to describe and explain but if you were to try to play BF4 without doing that then punkbuster would kick you off).

But could it be my CPU not wanting to run it? I have a AMD 6300 dual core. Sorry about the late reply. I have been busy lately and trying to figure out about payments and jobs and such. Any help would be amazing. Cheers!

Message 8 of 55 (2,495 Views)

Community Manager

@Bobert_hi 

No worries at all, I know how that can go!

When you have a chance would you be able to pull up a DxDiag and post it here so we can take a look? You can find more info on how to grab the file over at the EA Help website

Once you have the DxDiag please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 55 (2,462 Views)

★★ Novice

So I decided to wait until I get upgrades because my CPU only has two cores. I'll try again when I get my new CPU and motherboard and other stuff too. I uninstalled it and I didn't get back some of my GB. So I have no idea where those went.

But thanks for the help and you guiding me about it!

I'll come back or ask you about it once I do get my upgrades Standard smile

Message 10 of 55 (2,448 Views)