Re: Titanfall 2 multiplayer locked

by Hydrofreeze98

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent I found something that might be important. Got another computer to check this out with, but it looks like that the laptops some people are trying to play with are using Wifi 6. I tested this out on a Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 7390 that has a Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650, and on a Lenovo Yoga C940 that has an Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201. While the only one that works is an Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 laptop that has an Intel Dual Band AC-3165.

The important thing to note here, is that while the Intel 3165 can work with both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows...the Wi-Fi 6 ones only work with 64 bit windows.
Message 41 of 101 (16,183 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I feel like I mentioned this in a previous post...most likely I did. 

I tried to connect to the game server by using an eGPU that has an ethernet port on it. Specifically the 2080ti Gaming Box from Gigabyte. That didn't work. Trying to bypass the wifi card alone is not enough. So, I'm still stuck in terms of what to do. The only remaining hypothesis is that computers that are built with Wifi 6 cards or similar must have some software missing that prevents 32 bit applications from connecting to the internet. Or, the 32 bit application tries to connect to the internet, but the 64 bit operating system doesn't know how to communicate. So, in short, program dies midway through. 

Message 42 of 101 (16,166 Views)

Community Manager

@Hydrofreeze98 

I appreciate the info. I'll pass this along as well!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 43 of 101 (16,150 Views)

Community Manager

@Hydrofreeze98 

When you have a chance would you mind sharing your DxDiag here as well? That way I can also forward that along to the team. 

For more info on how to pull it up check out the EA Help site. You can attach the text file to this thread once you have it. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 44 of 101 (16,135 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent there might be a problem in certain regions as well. I have a new laptop, same model as the old one, and tried to play titanfall again. but the problem might also be with the model.
Message 45 of 101 (16,117 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Throwing my hat in the ring on this, had the game almost since launch, all of a sudden I'm getting the data center error and a constant "retrieving matchmaking list" error when trying to join either multiplayer mode. New system built in March but reusing my old SSDs, but I'm almost positive I played TF2 on this system right after I built it. DxDiag is attached, really hoping for a resolution soon!

Message 46 of 101 (16,086 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Including three files here because I tested on three computers. Two with 10th gen processors and one with a 7th gen processor. The older one being able to access the game still while the others aren't.

Message 47 of 101 (16,063 Views)

Community Manager

@Hydrofreeze98@fireinthesky7 

I appreciate it! I'll pass these along to the team. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 48 of 101 (15,989 Views)

Community Manager

Hi again @Hydrofreeze98 and @fireinthesky7 

I do need to confirm one more thing for the team. Are your PCs connected to the internet via wifi, or are they using a network cable? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 49 of 101 (15,944 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ethernet usually; my PC doesn't have a WiFi card, but I tried connecting to my home WiFi using a USB adapter and it made no difference. 

Message 50 of 101 (15,930 Views)