Re: Titanfall 2 error 0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

by lolo997

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 error 0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

★ Novice

After playing titanfall 2 and exit match I saw this error message appear. sound and video play was also different from a month ago. I tried some self fixs.

I tried going in registry and doing the (TdrLevel) thing, didn't work. I tried downloading a older driver for the Nvidia Geforce 940m video card I have and it didn't work as well.

this is the error message I received. Im hoping for some help.

0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. The application should destroy and recreate the device. For help debugging the problem, call ID3D10Device::GetDeviceRemovedReason.

Message 1 of 11 (14,974 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Star1G

This will likely be resolved by reinstalling the most recent non-beta video drivers for your hardware/operating system combination.

The main point here is to use the Advanced install option and then select Clean Install, this will remove all previous driver components that may be causing the issue.

Let us know your results here, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (15,412 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Star1G

This will likely be resolved by reinstalling the most recent non-beta video drivers for your hardware/operating system combination.

The main point here is to use the Advanced install option and then select Clean Install, this will remove all previous driver components that may be causing the issue.

Let us know your results here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 11 (15,413 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there. I have the exact same problem as the original poster where the game shoes the same 0x887A0005 error message the moment I exit a match. I've tried a clean install of the Nvidia drivers on my machine at least three times now, to no success. This problem started about a couple months ago for me, and I have no idea what the problem is.

Message 3 of 11 (14,712 Views)

★★★ Novice

I too have been plagued by the same issue for several weeks now, with only a few matches here and there not crashing my game.  I made a separate thread about this already, but haven't seen anything from tech support.  I've tried all of the presented solutions currently to no avail.

Message 4 of 11 (14,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did exactly what you said, but still the same problem I have.

Message 5 of 11 (14,588 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Seriously what is the problem with this game ?????

I've tried anything to make it works but it ALWAYS crashes when a game finishes....

Uninstalling the game, wipe, reinstalling it.

Uninstalling graphic drivers, wipe, reinstalling it.

Reinstalling direct x.

Set graphic options on low. I have a 1060 GTX 6go vram by the way.

Always the same problem !!!

What do I have to do in order to enjoy a game I paid to play in normal conditions ?

And I won't take "downclock your graphic card" for an answer, it would be unadmissible...

Thank you in advance

Message 6 of 11 (14,232 Views)

★ Novice

lolo997, I feel your pain! I've literally gone through EVERY SINGLE SOLUTION that I've found on the internet. I've even completely wiped and rebuilt my computer. Still, the same problem. My game works just fine in windowed borderless mode, but I lose about 30 fps. It didn't used to have this problem. I've had the game for months now and it just started having this problem!

Message 7 of 11 (14,123 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone. I don't know why this works, but I found that going into game properties, then advanced launch settings. and entering

-noborder -window

fixes the problem completely. It seems that the problem is, for some reason, tied to the game being set on full screen mode, and just disappears once it's in bordered windowless.

Message 8 of 11 (14,115 Views)

★★ Novice
This doesn't work for me, though for some reason it takes longer to freeze when using that option (though might be just coincidence)

970m, completely clean Windows 10 install, latest Nvidia drivers.
Message 9 of 11 (14,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have newest graphic drivers on my gaming lenovo laptop with 1060GT and that same problem.

EA sux.

Message 10 of 11 (13,790 Views)