Re: Titanfall 2 does not initialise after pressing the Play button in new Origin

by Eokyyyy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 does not initialise after pressing the Play button in new Origin

★★★ Novice

I experience a problem while trying to start Titanfall 2 on my PC.
After I have finished all the updates and received "ready to play" notification, I press the Play button, it blinks, and nothing else happens. Fans of my PC doesnt get any louder (which they tend to do as soon as any game starts loading). There is nothing Titanfall related visible in Task Manager.
Tried running origin in admin mode, turned UAC off, also attempted to run titanfall2.exe in admin mode - still nothing worked.

Tried updating the GPU drivers to latest version.
Working on Win10 x64. This machine had no problems whatsoever with any other games, including pretty modern Battlefield 1.
All other installed Origin games are working correctly.

Dxdiag attached, quick summary of my PC below:
Intel i7 3770k

Asus Radeon HD 7970 DirectCU II

8GB RAM

Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77

Origin and Titanfall are installed on D:

Message 1 of 9 (3,807 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall 2 does not initialise after pressing the Play button in new Origin

★★★ Novice

I have fought this error for several hours, without any success. Tried clean booting, clearing the UAC to zero, cleaning cache with CCleaner, disabling antyvir, repairing the game files etc.

I have fixed my issue, but the way I did so was to reinstall the game files. So if everything else fails - just reinstall the game.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (4,077 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Imprezobus Hey, can you check for AMD drivers. There's a very recent update (less than 8 hours old at the time of posting) that the game needs, hopefully that'll help. 

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (3,775 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have updated the drivers to the newest version around two hours ago (9:00 CEST).
When I return home, I will reinstall the driver instead of updating it, hope that helps, I will provide the results about 16:00 CEST

Message 3 of 9 (3,766 Views)

★ Novice

I got almost the same error but it launches the game in the background meaning it is shown in the task manager. Got Nvidia GTX 760...

Message 4 of 9 (3,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks, and maybe it's not a driver issue. Another standard step that might help is to restart with a Clean Boot

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/kb/929135

@herogamer3 Again, can you try the Clean Boot? Also please try a repair? Right-click the game panel to get this option. 

If this is ineffective posting a link to your dxdiag may help. Perhaps your own thread might be the best place for it, as the issue is manifesting in its own way. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 9 (3,750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_David I have reinstalled the GPU Drivers, its still 16.10.3

Link which you provided to me redirects to https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic// where I have failed to find any information regarding Clean Boot procedure. I would like to know more about that procedure - is this something related to booting windows, or running the game with cache cleared?
The network I use is fine.

Message 6 of 9 (3,701 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have fought this error for several hours, without any success. Tried clean booting, clearing the UAC to zero, cleaning cache with CCleaner, disabling antyvir, repairing the game files etc.

I have fixed my issue, but the way I did so was to reinstall the game files. So if everything else fails - just reinstall the game.

Message 7 of 9 (4,078 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry, the wrong link was given, this has been fixed now. 

Thanks for the update. If anyone else encounters this peraps a repair will be a bit quicker than a reinstall, and can save on data if that's a consideration. 

Right-click the game panel to get the repair option.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 9 (3,536 Views)

★★★ Novice
David,
I have literally tried everything I read on this issue. In this thread and other threads. Tbh i'm getting really fed up with origin launcher. I'm paying for it as a premier user, but what is the point when games like titanfall2 dont even start?
I've tried repairing, reinstalling, clean boot, ... All it does when I click on play game, is it tries to open for 0.1 sec, then it just goes back to origin and play game goes back to orange and clickable to repeat the whole thing.
Either fix launcher (i'm not the only one having this problem), or lose another premier customer.

My pc:
Ryzen5 2600x
x470 AORUS Ultra gaming
16gb ram
nvidia geforce GTX1080Ti

Pls respond with a decent sollution.
Message 9 of 9 (2,343 Views)