Original Post

Re: Titanfall 2 crashing with ReadPacketEntities: Failed error message

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

#savetitanfall

Message 31 of 477 (2,969 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Funny enough, Apex is also unplayble at the moment.

Maybe the dud just said "F it" and made every game in the titanfall universe unplable.

That or Respawns Servers are really shait.

Message 32 of 477 (2,935 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

....hm. Y'all should go on savetitanfall.com

That explains a lot acctually.

Message 33 of 477 (2,924 Views)

Keep crashing out of game with readpackets error - social media saying titanfall

★★★ Newbie

Keep crashing out of game with readpackets error - social media saying titanfall 2 being ddosed? 

Message 34 of 477 (2,870 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Atic

Thanks for the comeback and the suggestions, but this is not a problem on my end.  By now it is apparent that many people are suffering from these DDOS attacks and have made it to an evident blacklist for TF2.  Last week (July 7-9) I was able to play both Titanfall games freely, without any of the difficulties in this thread or the "no servers found" errors that have rendered TF1 unplayable for months.  I'd made no changes to my system but suddenly both games worked as they were supposed to.  Then, suddenly on 7/10/2021, the "ping soar/ freeze/ crash with ReadPacketEntities:failed" error was back - TF2 was useless and TF1 had returned to its "no servers found" normal status of unplayable.

It was as if whoever is behind these attacks had shut them down for a few days then started up again, just to show us (and EA/Respawn) that he/she could allow or kill the games at a whim.  I know, from the twitter feeds, that the game companies are aware of what is going on and working towards a solution.  Also realize that it probably a "whack a mole" type situation and this hacker is playing cat-and-mouse with the companies.

While I appreciate the efforts to thwart this person, it isn't much comfort to those of us who've paid for the games, enjoyed them a lot and now are unable to access them.  Definitely is discouraging me from any further EA/Respawn product purchases until a solution is found.

Thanks for your time.

Message 35 of 477 (2,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I only play this awesome game! I been having same issues since last week.  I'm getting Titan withdrawals 😄

And yes I have been seeing black screens before even starting.  Freezing and glitch a lot.  This was happening a year ago but was fixed right away.

Also I like to add my son told me Apex is basically the reason all the Bots are on that game taken away from Titanfall.

Message 36 of 477 (2,870 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
the worst thing is that there are no similar games
Message 37 of 477 (2,855 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Fenris50 I'm having that problem on the PS4.
Message 38 of 477 (2,517 Views)

★ Guide

@250kohm 

Yep ... the troubles have spread to the PS4 and XBOX servers as well.  Apparently there is nothing to be done except wait for a solution from the Game company.  Frustrating to say the least.

Message 39 of 477 (2,506 Views)

Titanfall 2 is being DDOSed on Xbox One

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I own Titanfall 2 on the Xbox One and I'm trying to play the multiplayer game, but I'm not able to connect. I can load the game up, but whenever I connect to a match it will only be a few seconds or a few minutes before my ping spikes to 2000+ and I get frozen in place until I am kicked from the game. I'm unable to play any matches and my Xbox Live subscription is active, and I have no connectivity issues on my end. Not only that, but apparently this is happening to everyone and it's the result of a security flaw in the game's netcode that a hacker is exploiting. I require no help as I fully understand what is happening and acknowledge there is no solution for individuals, I am putting this here to add to the evidence that this is a major, widespread issue that needs to be addressed immediately.

Message 40 of 477 (2,115 Views)