Titanfall 2 Origin In-game overlay not working

by HL_Subaru_Botan

Original Post

Highlighted

Titanfall 2 Origin In-game overlay not working

★★ Novice

I recently got back into Titanfall 2 on pc and I have been wanting to buy some customization packs for some titans but as I hit to purchase and wait for the origin overlay to open the window, I get a message that says Origin overlay disabled. As the picture shows, I have run into this problem for the last few days and have looked at different possible fixes but nothing has worked. I always make sure the checkbox for the overlay is checked before launching so the overlay is enabled but it just won't work. I want to find a fix for this so in case I run into the same problem with other games and it won't prevent me from making purchases as this has been doing.

Message 1 of 4 (667 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 Origin In-game overlay not working

Community Manager
@HL_Subaru_Botan Sorry to hear this is happening to you. Can you confirm that Origin in-game is enabled both in the application settings and in the game properties? Also, is this a pack you can try purchasing from Origin directly?

Enable Origin In-Game:
1. Open Origin and select Origin in the top left.
2. Select Application Settings and go to Origin In-Game.
3. Make Sure the toggle is set to the right to be on.
-----
1. Next, select My Game Library.
2. Find Titan Fall 2 and right-click.
3. Select Game Properties and make sure its enable here too.

Purchase Pack from Origin.
1. Go to My Game Library.
2. Left-Click the game, and select Extra Content
3. See if your pack is here to select and purchase.

- Illium

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (630 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for informing me of the extra content tab. I was able to purchase the customization pack I wanted. However, my origin overlay problem persists as I looked at both the application settings as well as the game properties itself as I always make sure it is enabled for purchases and other things. The overlay was the only problem with me purchasing right now but I just want to know if this will affect other games in the future. So far, the only other game I play is Apex Legends but it has not had this sort of trouble.

Message 3 of 4 (624 Views)

Community Manager
@HL_Subaru_Botan What type of Anti-Virus do you use, as we may need to try and add an exception for both Origin and your Origin game folder then see if this still persists.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 4 (616 Views)