Re: Titanfall 2 Not Saving Data

by PwnagePotato64

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Just did a Clean Boot, it made no difference. I had a theory it might be a false positive with my antivirus (ESET NOD32) but after disabling it the issue still remains.
Message 11 of 19 (827 Views)

Community Manager

@PwnagePotato64 

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Security software can be the culprit in a situation like this, so that was a good thing to check. Can you try something else for me when you've got a chance? What happens if you create a new admin user in Windows and launch Titanfall 2 through that user account? Does it still not save the game data? 

You can find more details on how to set up a new admin user over at the Microsoft Support website. Let me know what happens when you've had the chance to try it out. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 12 of 19 (778 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Creating a new admin user solved it. All the data gets saved. Can we pinpoint the culprit of this issue now that we have this info?
Message 13 of 19 (741 Views)

Community Manager

@PwnagePotato64 

There must be something with your other admin account that's blocking the game from writing files. It could be Windows User Access Control. Can you try adjusting the UAC settings in Windows to see if that makes any difference? 

We've got more info on how to lower them at the EA Help website. Let me know if that has any effect at all. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 14 of 19 (716 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent The UAC setting was already at the lowest possible on my main user account, probably not what's causing this.
Message 15 of 19 (694 Views)

Community Manager

@PwnagePotato64 

I know you already tried disabling your antivirus, but do you have any other security software installed that might be blocking the game or Origin? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 16 of 19 (664 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Not really, I had a trial version of Malwarebytes installed but I removed it and tried anyway, doesn't fix the issue. Windows Defender is turned off as well. I also double checked the firewall rules for the game, nothing wrong there.
Message 17 of 19 (632 Views)

★ Novice

Not sure if it's applicable to anyone else, I solved this issue by going to Window Defender > Ransonware protection > Controlled folder access > Allow an app through Controlled folder access and add Titanfall2.exe into the exception list.

Hope it works for you too.

Message 18 of 19 (582 Views)

★★★ Novice
@elvvin920 Since im using a different provider from Windows Defender its ransomware protection is disabled. I've already tried disabling pretty much everything in Nod32 including its own ransomware protection but to no avail.
Message 19 of 19 (536 Views)