Re: Titanfall 2 Not Saving Data

by PwnagePotato64

Original Post

Titanfall 2 Not Saving Data

★★★ Newbie

I'm having issues getting the game to save. None of the checkpoints are running and any time I die, it restarts all the way back to the intro cutscene right before the training simulation. I tried looking for the Titanfall 2 folder in the Documents folder but there is none. The Titanfall 2 folder in my D drive doesn't have any savegame data. Also, any changes I make to the settings are never saved.

I'm running it on Win10 64bit

Message 1 of 19 (946 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, though it only boots me back to the start of the mission, where you're in the drop pod. This is an infuriating issue with seemingly no resolution so far.

Message 2 of 19 (909 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there. 

It sounds like there's something preventing the game from creating the folder it needs to store save data. Can you try launching as an Administrator to see if that helps at all? Sometimes UAC settings can block the game from creating the files. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 19 (871 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I'm having the same issue, unfortunately running as administrator doesn't work for me. I've also tried rebooting my pc, reinstalling the game, checking the registry values for the documents folder, but nothing has worked so far.
Message 4 of 19 (822 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @PwnagePotato64

Thanks for letting me know. 

Do you have Titanfall 2 installed on the same storage device as the Origin client, or is it installed on a different drive? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 19 (799 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Origin is installed in the same storage device, a 1TB HDD, though in a different partition from the game.
Message 6 of 19 (779 Views)

Community Manager

@PwnagePotato64 

Got it, thanks!

Would it be possible to move Origin over the same partition as your games to test and see if that makes a difference at all? I've seen some cases where having them in separate drives can cause similar issues, so I'm wondering if having them on different partitions could be similar. 

Let me know if that's something you're able to try. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 19 (766 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Installed Origin on the same partition as the game. After a software update and repairing the game, the issue still remains. Nothing related to Titanfall 2 in the Documents folder.
Message 8 of 19 (757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do we have any updates on this? Tried everything myself, even creating the needed folders with completed save files found on internet but nothing helps

Message 9 of 19 (735 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, 

Thanks for the updates! 

When you've got the chance can you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to test and see if that makes a difference at all? If there's something else that's not allowing the game to create its files that may help to get around it. 

For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 19 (708 Views)