Titanfall 2 IAudioClient error with Fiio E10K

by FrankInstone

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 IAudioClient error with Fiio E10K

★ Novice

Hi

I'm trying to launch Titanfall 2 while using a fiio e10k USB audio class 1.0 DAC for sound output, but keep getting a CTD after the initial Respawn Entertainment splash screen with:

"Engine Error

Couldn't initialise sound.

Please make sure you have a sound playback device that is enabled and properly configured.

Failed in:MilesDriverCreate

Miles output follows:

Audio Hardware Error:Failed to initialise IAudioClient (shared, event, modde, float, chans=2, rate=44100, HR=80070001)

Failed to initialise WASAPI audio hardware, trying XAudio.

Couldn't create XAudio2 master voice."

I have tried changing the sample rate of the audio device from 48000Hz to 44100Hz, clear the origin folder in programdata folder, & uninstalling/reinstalling the e10k in various usb ports. The e10k has worked as expected in all other games/software I have used it with.

The game runs fine when using my JBL pebble speakers for audio output, which are also connected via USB audio class 1.0 & have their own DAC.

Message 1 of 2 (467 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall 2 IAudioClient error with Fiio E10K

★ Novice

OK, after a bit more investigation I have found the problem is fixed by setting the e10k's default sample depth to 16 bit rather than 24 bit. The question still remains though: Why does Titanfalll 2 throw a wobbler when audio is set to 24 bit when no other software on my PC seems to have a problem with it? Having to manually change the bit depth every time i play this single game is rather inelegant at best.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (445 Views)

All Replies

Re: Titanfall 2 IAudioClient error with Fiio E10K

★ Novice

OK, after a bit more investigation I have found the problem is fixed by setting the e10k's default sample depth to 16 bit rather than 24 bit. The question still remains though: Why does Titanfalll 2 throw a wobbler when audio is set to 24 bit when no other software on my PC seems to have a problem with it? Having to manually change the bit depth every time i play this single game is rather inelegant at best.

Message 2 of 2 (446 Views)