TitanFall 2 now downloading / updating

by Blix11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

TitanFall 2 now downloading / updating

★★★ Newbie

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug I have my Origin games installed on an external hard drive with a usb. When I try to download TitanFall 2 it never gets past 42%.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try downloading the game and installing it on an external hard drive.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game never gets past 42% of the download.
What do you expect to see? The game fully installed and playable.

Hi! I am having problems with TitanFall 2 when installing it into an external hard drive. The game never gets past 42% of the download. I had the game installed and since it did not want to install the new dlc I tried rebooting and restarting Origin. That did not work since the same error message showed. It said something about the files needed to be upgraded being already in use or something. I deleted the whole game and tried to redownload it and now it just gets stuck at 42% and never gets past that. I suppose the same problem keeps happening but I no longer get an error message. I would like you to check this out since right now I can't play TitanFall 2 at all. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,764 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: TitanFall 2 now downloading / updating

★★★ Newbie

Ok. I made an exception for the game in the avast settings and restarted the download from scratch and that solved the problem. Avast doesn't seem to like one of the files called IDP.Generic or something like that. That solved everything and the problem did not have anything to do with the enclosure. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (2,233 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Blix11 To hazard a guess your Windows or security software is blocking some software from installing from the hard drive itself.

It makes sense to have harder protection for a USB HDD rather than an internally installed one, and 42% is often about the point of the install where some info will be written to your core system files. 

There are 2 main things to check here. One is to set your user account control to always notify, then attempt the install again, making sure to allow everything. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/user-account-control-overview

Another would be to temporarily disable your anti-virus. It might be blocking the process without notifying you, and removing it as a test will determine if it's a factor. 

As for installing externally, do you have an internal drive that you can install to? You may run into performance issues (and some games might just not work) using an external HDD. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an SSD with 256GB which is starting to fill which is why I chose to install the game on the hdd enclosure. I think I will just install the hard drive directly into the motherboard then. As for the update, I did notice that avast had it in its blocked programs list. I disabled it before updating but the same problem persists. I will try the instructions on the link and send you more info as soon as I can. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok. I made an exception for the game in the avast settings and restarted the download from scratch and that solved the problem. Avast doesn't seem to like one of the files called IDP.Generic or something like that. That solved everything and the problem did not have anything to do with the enclosure. 

Message 4 of 5 (2,234 Views)

Community Manager

Wonderful, thank you for the update and the extra info. 

Cheers!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,695 Views)