Re: Titan Fall 2 will not start

by Sammael1366

Original Post

Titan Fall 2 will not start

★★ Novice

I bought Titanfall @ on Steam, installed Origin, downloaded the game and it will not start at all!  I uninstalled it re-downloaded the game and it still will not play either through Steam or Origin, what could possibly be the problem?

Message 1 of 12 (5,075 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Sammael1366 what happens when you attempt to launch the game? Are you seeing an error message of any kind?

Does it launch and crash immediately or does something else happen?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (5,023 Views)

★★ Novice

When I launch the Game the only thing that happens is that Origin restarts.  I have uninstalled the game and re-installed it and the same thing keeps happening.

Message 3 of 12 (5,011 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Sammael1366 do you see an error message of any kind?

Can you try to verify your installed files within Steam to see if that helps? Can you also ensure that you are running Steam and the game as administrator. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 12 (5,000 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Darko, thanks for the assistance. I had an issue with the installation of Origin, after that was fixed everything works fine. 

Message 5 of 12 (4,976 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it fixed @Sammael1366.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 12 (4,909 Views)

★★ Novice

Darko,

I thought I had it fixed however.

The re-installation of Origin worked for launching the game only two times. since then i have not been able to play, I have made sure that everything is set to run as administrator , ie. Steam, Titanfall 2 and Origin. I have only gotten one error code every other time Origin has restarted. The error code I got was-- {"error" : "external service is having some issues" , "error_description" : null, "error_code" null, "code" ; 106128}

I don't know if any of this will be helpful in solving my issue, but I am hopeful. It was a fun game, at least what I was able to experience.

Message 7 of 12 (4,879 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Sammael1366 it may be worth reaching out to Steam support to flag this with them as that error appears to be a Steam error. 

Let me know what they say. I was testing my Steam copy of the game and not able to reproduce this issue so the more info we have the better.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 12 (4,854 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah. im having the same problem w/ battlefield 4

Message 9 of 12 (4,227 Views)

★★ Novice

did you solve this problem?

Message 10 of 12 (4,166 Views)