Re: This profile is not permitted to play online?

by mtboys2016

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Was playing attrition and just before it would show me my earned merits the game stopped loading and now i get this "profile is not permitted to play" message.

Have played this game since launch and never got this before. Im on xbox, all other games works fine.

Message 41 of 66 (3,314 Views)

Community Manager

@Hesj85 Hey, there was an update and some short-lived server issues shortly after it. These should be resolved now, do you still encounter the problem today?

If you do, can you try restarting your system by holding the button on the front of the machine.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 42 of 66 (3,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi! Yes thank you, the problem is resolved. I got the issue about an hour before the update was released so didn't think it had anything to do with it but after the update it is all working as usual again.
Message 43 of 66 (3,286 Views)

Community Manager

@Hesj85Thanks for the update, as long as the issue has gone away for you we're happy. Standard smile

I hope you're liking the game after the update. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 44 of 66 (3,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Same issue. Was playing this morning for like 30 minutes. Then I try tonight and I've got this error. I've cycled my modern, I've hard shutdown my Xbox, I've done all the power disconnects for it. Signed out and back in on my account, let it sit for 10 minutes. And I still can't play.

As a side note. I really hate how you screwed over Respawn with that stupid release date. Whoever's genius idea that was should be fired. The game was released incomplete, had poor sales, and they are racing to fix the stuff that should have been done before release. It feels like I paid 60 for a beta. Thanks a lot ea.
Message 45 of 66 (3,257 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey there. I have been on Xbox one almost since launch and haven't had an issue yet (LUCKY I GUESS) but now after a small break I have come back and every time I log into to play the games fires up and at the main screen I get "Account is not permitted to play online".....I HAVE tried everything to fix this from you tube videos and google searches, forums etc...NOTHING fixed this issue. 

IS there an actual fix or is this something where I will need to wait for another patch to fix? This is extremely disappointing as I feel TF2 has the best FPS multiplayer out. PERIOD. 

EA/ RESPAWN....someone help! PLEASE. 

Fixes tried:

DNS manual entries 

resetting router, power cycling etc....

Power cycling Xbox

UNINSTALLED the game and re installed it.....TIME WASTER HAHA

Cleared saved files on the console

I have tried so many things I can't even recall now. 

Message 46 of 66 (3,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there a real fix for this yet? Been playing this since day one with no troubles. Now can't play with any profile. I cycled the modem and xbox.

Be nice if EA Games would issue statement.

Message 47 of 66 (3,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I play on Xbox one. After quite a few hours of assessing the issue, I called Xbox customer support and talking with the representative it turned out my Xbox live account (newly renewed) wasn't registering, so he deleted my subscription and then I entered a new code in online, reset the account on Xbox and problem solved. Was a Xbox live issue the whole time.

Not sure this will help everyone out. I hope it does!!
Message 48 of 66 (3,102 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
I have tried all the tips and tricks that people gave me like testing the internet connection but nothing will work I hope you guys can fix it cause I've been waiting to play it for a long while now
Message 49 of 66 (2,970 Views)

★★ Novice
What system are you playing on? I was on Xbox and it was my live subscription that wasn't activated properly, had to get MIcrosoft to delete it and give me a new code to fix it after being on the phone for a couple hours.
Message 50 of 66 (2,964 Views)