Re: This profile is not permitted to play online?

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

This profile is not permitted to play online?

★★★★ Novice

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Multiplayer launch sometimes says : this profile is not permitted to play online.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play online, exit and restart multiplayer until bug occurs
What happens when the bug occurs? Multiplayer launch is greyed out and u have a notification saying : this profile is not permitted to play online. (or smth like this). It sometimes takes 10sec to clear, other times takes a whole minute. And it's all happening after latest patch.
What do you expect to see? Nothing, multiplayer should be available.

Standard smileStandard smile

Message 1 of 66 (39,117 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
Thank you sir I have got it to work since I sighed in i have been able to play cause today I guess PlayStation updated so it works now thank you for your help

View in thread

Message 54 of 66 (30,990 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Im having this prob on xbox one to
Message 2 of 66 (38,811 Views)

Community Manager

I do see this myself, but it normally goes away in under 4 seconds. I think it manifests when your profile is connecting to the servers as a somewhat confusing/misleading error message, but it should go away once things sync up. 

I'd be interested to know if there's any pattern to when it takes longer for the error to disappear, for example does it occur more frequently if others on your network are downloading/uploading, or does it occur at certain times of the day. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 66 (38,769 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It just recycles over and over. Fix this now please

Message 4 of 66 (38,741 Views)

Community Manager

@tajicheese Are you saying you can never get through this bit? What system are you on and have you ever been able to play?

Perhaps opening the relevant ports will help? They're listed on this page . 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/titanfall/titanfall-2/troubleshoot-titanfall-2-issues

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 66 (38,709 Views)

★★★ Newbie

xbox one, i was playing fine yesterday fine. i shut the xbox down for 10 minutes. havn't been able to get back on multiplayer since. just says attempting 1 of 1, 1 of 2 1 of 3, etc. and is recycling over and over.

Message 6 of 66 (38,687 Views)

Community Manager

@tajicheese Thanks. If you're still seeing this today can you try power-cycling your router. If the issue still persists can you try disconnecting other devices from your network, try to connect with just your console. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 66 (38,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just bought the game, played thru the first mission and I'm just trying to access multiplayer. I've done everything in almost every thred and nothing fixes it. I've even sat on this screen for 15+ mins please give me a fix
Message 8 of 66 (38,355 Views)

Community Manager

@SirTone420 Hi, what system are you on? Can you list the steps you've taken? There are some things to try such as opening ports, and more, and if we know exactly what's been tried before we can hopefully help.

The ports can be found on this page: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/titanfall/titanfall-2/troubleshoot-titanfall-2-issues

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 66 (38,316 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I haven't been able to play the multiplayer mode on titanfall 2. I'm using an xbox one and i have a gold account.

I have tried all the steps listed in different forums but nothing seems to wok.

Message 10 of 66 (38,269 Views)