Re: Texture in game were ridiculously bad (with 1920*1080 and high setting)

by Raymanond

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Texture in game were ridiculously bad (with 1920*1080 and high setting)

★★ Novice

Hi,I got a problem with the texture performance in game.

My pc is with  i7-4700MQ , Nvidda GeForce 765 , 16G DDRIII .

And my game setting were with a resolution of 1920*1080 and all the other setting were high(or very high).

it can play (a little bit lag).However the biggest problem is that no matter how the settings were,the main item's texture were very very aweful(like the attached photo)

How can I get fix this,please : (

I don't need a very wonderful texture but at least not as * as this one.

Message 1 of 11 (16,187 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

A huge thank you for this solution goes to steel_3d from forums.titanfall.com

PC:
If you are experiencing a bug where your textures are stuck at low resolution, no matter how hard you try to change the texture quality settings, here are the steps:

1. Launch Origin
2. Disable Cloud Saves in Origin (this is done so that the game doesn't override your config file before actually starting)
3. Go to <X>:\Users\<Windows Username>\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local
4. Open "settings.cfg" with Notepad or Wordpad
5. In the bottom of the file add:

gpu_vram_size_mb "1800"

NOTE: You can set a number corresponding to your actual amount of VRAM (th value can be found in your video adapter settings via Device Manager, listed under "Dedicated Video Memory" on the first tab of the window),
HOWEVER, if the value is lower than 1800, the config prompt will NOT have any effect.

6. Save and close the file and launch the game.
7. After closing the game, the prompt is automatically deleted from the config file, so you'll have to do this every time upon launching the game.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (17,161 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Additional information from a different source:

Bug Description: Textures look like they're stuck on Low at all times. Applies to both Single- and Multiplayer (including the MP loadout screen). Not happening with any game besides Titanfall 2.

Repro: After installing the update, I booted up the game and noticed it as soon as I jumped into a multiplayer match. Problem has persisted ever since. Bug doesn't appear if you install Titanfall 2 from Disc and boot it before updating (can only test in Singleplayer because Multiplayer is disabled until you're all patched up).

Stuff I already tried that didn't work:

• setting the texture quality to various levels and restarting the game afterwards to make sure it applies
  • reverting settings to Default
  • changing the game's settings with a third party program (Nvidia Experience)
  • repair install of Titanfall 2
  • clean reinstall of Origin
  • computer restart
  • clean reinstall of Titanfall 2. Problem disappeared when I installed the Titanfall 2 disc version (tested in Singleplayer, since Multiplayer is only accessible when you're up to date). Then the issue reappeared once Titanfall 2 was fully patched again.

System Info

• Win 7 64-bit, latest updates
  • GTX 660, latest Nvidia drivers
  • Intel i5-3350p, 16GB RAM
  • didn't install or run new programs since I last played Titanfall 2 that could be interfering with this.

Can confirm, I have this too, tried all the same solutions, including updating drivers and tweaking Nvidia 3D settings. The game just blatantly blocks me from changing texture quality.

In addition to the poster above, it is worth mentioning that only textures are affected. Geometry and shaders act normally.

EDIT Not sure if it applies to model textures only, or to map textures as well. Can't check, because I'm at work atm.

Message 2 of 11 (16,162 Views)

★★ Novice

I got the EXACT same problem as well. And I've tried everything you listed too includng Nvidia Experience.

I bought the digital version and just installed yesterday so for me the problem exist in the very begining.

Other performance like shadow is normal and can be adjust by setting.ONLY the texture like titan or big rocks on the ground seems ridiculously low resolution.

I've try to reach the EA and they told me that it could be a glitch and want me to report this as a bug.

Well...hope it's fixable

Message 3 of 11 (16,151 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Post your dxdiag here, and I'll do so too once I get back from work.

Having a couple of these might help them identify the issue.

Message 4 of 11 (16,143 Views)

★★ Novice

as below:

MSI/windows 8.1 64bit/中文(chinese)
intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4700MQ CPU@2.40GHz(8CPUs),~2.4GHz/16384MB RAM/DirectX11

DxDiag  can't  detect my independent VGA card,which is Nvidia Geforce 765M/2GB GDDR5

my PC is laptop(msi GE70)

Message 5 of 11 (16,138 Views)

Message 6 of 11 (16,128 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Uploaded DxDiag as well as videoconfig file, see attached.

Message 7 of 11 (16,105 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

A huge thank you for this solution goes to steel_3d from forums.titanfall.com

PC:
If you are experiencing a bug where your textures are stuck at low resolution, no matter how hard you try to change the texture quality settings, here are the steps:

1. Launch Origin
2. Disable Cloud Saves in Origin (this is done so that the game doesn't override your config file before actually starting)
3. Go to <X>:\Users\<Windows Username>\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local
4. Open "settings.cfg" with Notepad or Wordpad
5. In the bottom of the file add:

gpu_vram_size_mb "1800"

NOTE: You can set a number corresponding to your actual amount of VRAM (th value can be found in your video adapter settings via Device Manager, listed under "Dedicated Video Memory" on the first tab of the window),
HOWEVER, if the value is lower than 1800, the config prompt will NOT have any effect.

6. Save and close the file and launch the game.
7. After closing the game, the prompt is automatically deleted from the config file, so you'll have to do this every time upon launching the game.

Message 8 of 11 (17,162 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh my god it actually worked!! The texture is finally normal! 

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 11 (16,047 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello,

I have this problem too for a week(?) maybe now, before that the game was beautiful.

Don't know why the graphics are awful now(check the attachments). Tried the suggested fixed like this one, repairing the game, reinstalling the game, etc but with no luck.

In the settings section I have the proper settings like, 1920x1080, high details and so on.

This issue is only for Titanfall 2, Titanfall 1 and other(EA and not EA) games and apps are all fine.

I also contacted the support section and they told me that I should post this, so please help me.

Message 10 of 11 (7,401 Views)