Re: Steam copy of Titanfall 2 not working

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Steam copy of Titanfall 2 not working

★ Novice

Bought titanfall 2 to play with some mates, when I launch it, origin asks me to activate the game as below. Tried restarting, reinstalling, running as administrator and nothing seems to work. Anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 6 (628 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @based_virgin

Are you currently using a VPN on your PC? If so, can you try disabling it to see if that helps at all? I've seen some cases where having a VPN running can cause this to happen. 

Let me know how it goes when you can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (573 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought Titanfall 2 a long time ago through Origin, recently bought it on Steam and have this same issue, I do not use a VPN.

Message 3 of 6 (544 Views)

Community Manager

@stockishgsr 

Do you have Origin and Steam installed on the same drive? I've seen some cases where having them installed on separate drives can cause some issues like this. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (523 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I do not have a VPN and Titanfall 2 and Origin are installed on the same drive. 

I've been in contact with EA Help for over a week and none of the recommendations have solved my issue.

Message 5 of 6 (466 Views)

Community Manager

@derMemory 

Have you had a chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to test and see if that helps at all? If there's something else running on the PC that could be causing this that may help to get around it. 

For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still unable to launch Titanfall 2 afterward. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (445 Views)