Re: Squad mate scripting seems broken on Malta bridge takeover mission

by EA_David

Original Post

Squad mate scripting seems broken on Malta bridge takeover mission

★★★ Newbie

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug I am on the mission to storm the bridge of the Malta. It appears as if the team mate scripting is stuck for me. It auto saved after we cleared the room, then my squad mates tell me to head upstairs. They stay huddled up down at their starting position and I can't get them to move. I've tried grenading them to knock them out of place, but they always just run back to their initial spot. I can not progress through the level any further without restarting the whole level.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I mostly stayed back and sniped from the starting cover of that section of the level, but I ventured forth a bit to clear the rest of the room. I'm not sure if replicating this approach will cause it to happen again, but it really seems like their scripting just didn't kick over to the next waypoint.
What happens when the bug occurs? Squad mates stay in one spot, tell me to proceed, but do not proceed themselves.
What do you expect to see? The squad mates move from their spot and, if the walkthrough I peeked at is to believed, breach the bridge of the Malta.

I don't have video of the lead up, but can capture what it looks like when I reload my save if that'd be helpful.

Message 1 of 10 (4,019 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the detailed post. I'll see if I can replicate this myself, but as you can imagine scripting breaks can be tricky to pin down. 

For now, as you say a restart is what's needed to proceed. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (3,982 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same issue on PS4
Message 3 of 10 (3,898 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exact same issue, PC

Message 4 of 10 (3,857 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, PC. One of the npc squad members (bear?) appears to be stuck beneath the floor of the room.

Message 5 of 10 (3,685 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Nainara2 

Sorry for this issue. Have you tried to restart the mission? How often have you encountered this glitch? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 6 of 10 (3,671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Was there ever a fix for this?  I see that these posts are 6 months old.  I am having the same issue when playing this mission on PC.

Message 7 of 10 (3,349 Views)

Community Manager

@Showbiz900 I have seen it pop up from time to time, but at a decreasing rate. In any case the main troubleshooting step -to restart the mission from the menu- seems to be consistently effective. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 10 (3,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I'ts 2020 and I was playing on pc and got this bug. At first Droz just got stuck in the floor and wouldn't move, and after I restarted the mission everyone just stood in place and wouldn't move. Very annoying and I'm not sure what to do.

Message 9 of 10 (1,280 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem in 2020. I'm sure there's a fix by now. What is it? Thanks!

Message 10 of 10 (1,075 Views)