Server has timed out everytime i have attempted to play multiplayer. Any suggest

by Oobopp

Original Post

Server has timed out everytime i have attempted to play multiplayer. Any suggest

★★★ Newbie

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Server times out before I get past the loading screen
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? *
What happens when the bug occurs? *
What do you expect to see? *

Ser
Message 1 of 4 (1,980 Views)

Re: Server has timed out everytime i have attempted to play multiplayer. Any sug

★ Novice

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform: PC

Summarize your bug : 

Server times out before I get past the loading screen.

How often does the bug occur?

Every time (100%) if loading a different map than the last one played, Never (0%) if I get to play the same map twice in a row.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 

Run Titanfall on a low-end pc, basically, try to get a 30 seconds loading.

What happens when the bug occurs? 

I get the "Error, connection to server timed out"

What do you expect to see? 

The dropship sequence.

Data Center: Singapore 7ms

Internet speed: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5773177421

Details on what truly is happening:  

I think the game isn't waiting for me to load the game. I have a low end PC, and it takes me 30s to load a map. The time out threshold is probably set to something lower than this.

The only way I get to play is to pick the same map twice in a row (if i'm lucky) so that the second time, it's still in memory and I can connect before the server is tired of waiting for me.

Seriously, let the players load before kicking them out! (I play with low settings so I can't even reduce the quality to load faster.)

Message 2 of 4 (1,882 Views)

Re: Server has timed out everytime i have attempted to play multiplayer. Any sug

Community Manager

Hmm, I fear this may be a specs issue, but what may help is to start your system with a Clean Boot, then play without starting 3rd party programs. Hopefully this will reduce the strain on your system and help you to get in-game before the timeout. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/kb/929135

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 4 (1,866 Views)

★ Apprentice

Low end pc? Low end for titanfall 2? 

So How many RAM do you have?

Message 4 of 4 (1,544 Views)