Re: SOUND BUG MAKES TITANFALL 2 ALMOST UNPLAYABLE

by Gearjock

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply NewSith.  The sound distortion happens with all speaker output: analog 5.1 speakers, USB 7.1 headset, analog stereo headset.  Based on other posts on this forum and others across the web it's an issue with the game itself.  Very disappointing, I've tried playing multiplayer but I just can't ignore the screwed up sound enough to enjoy the game.

Message 21 of 38 (6,031 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I'm willing to give this one a shot.  In game my Audio is displayed as 7.1 however I'm using Stereo Headphones.  Where do I find the Windows settings to change it from 7.1 to stereo? (Note I have a Soundcard and in the DGX Audio Center I have it set to Stereo however it still displays as 7.1 in the In-Game Settings).

Message 22 of 38 (6,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

RMB on sound level icon in tray -> Playback Devices -> Select your main device -> Configure (lower left of the window)

Message 23 of 38 (6,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm not able to configure my A50 headset from the settings - see below.  I am however able to configure my Sound Blaster card and the choices there are 5.1 Surround and Stereo, but when I set the A50 Game headphones as my primary audio device the option button is greyed out.

Message 24 of 38 (6,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My guess is you have an external mixer for the headset. Push some buttons, tweak some settings or simply connect it directly via a jack instead of USB. Sadly I'm not familiar with this equipment, however the logic is almost always the same - external mixers are out of Windows's reach unless allowed by software, internal mixers are in its reach*, so your job is to force your PC to decode sound instead of the external mixer.

*unless some stupid motherboard restrictions do not allow duplicating audio outputs, *cough*realtek*cough*asus*cough*, if that's the case - try this.

Message 25 of 38 (5,990 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was able to go into my windows settings and change it to Stereo.  However, once I was in game I still encountered the issue.  Granted, it hasn't been as bad for me since the early days it still happens enough that it is noticeable.

Message 26 of 38 (24,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem and it's just pissing me off, I can't play the game

Message 27 of 38 (5,684 Views)

★★ Novice

Check your cpu speed. It may be downthrottled by motherboard. Had the same issue with audio. Also Battlefield 1 had 15 fps on gtx970 and i5 6600 with msi motherboard. I was searching whats up for 2 months and no fixes worked until I realised that instead of 3,3GHz I was running just 0,79GHz cpu speed. Than I googled solution for that.. Wink

Message 28 of 38 (5,540 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Since the last dlc's it drastically reduced that sound problem for me.Kudos to respawn for that! The Sound in titanfall 2 is really well done imo and you can locate enemies across the map judt through sound so that bug really hindered the gameplay and was very distracting
Message 29 of 38 (5,528 Views)

★ Novice

This issue is still on going. I've uninstalled multiple times, Removed all Visual basic installs as recommended from other posts online. The issue is pretty constant and is making the game unplayable in multiple player. 

I would love to see Respawn or EA acknowledge this issue and fix this issue. 

A good example of this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmvmpVqi_pk

Message 30 of 38 (5,038 Views)