Re: Point Fairness (Last Titan Standing & CTF)

by Dsyphus

Original Post

Point Fairness (Last Titan Standing & CTF)

★★ Newbie
On TF2, I feel like, players aren't awarded properly. I played Last Titan Standing, I was playing with my team and my role was to watvh our backs and flanks. Well, doing so, sometimes you do not see too much action, or you use your main weapon to supress the enemy and keep them at a distance while also setting the anti tank mines(Ion User), so, in the four matches I had, I was the only Titan that was left standing in 3/4ths and we won when I got the last kill for my team. I believe you should get a significant win kill bonus, because I was at the bottom of the scoreboard but without me...we would have lost. Plain and simple.

Also in Capture the flag (CTF), points should be awarded to the flag carroers based on time of possesion. I took their flag, three times and failed at returning it because my team sucked and let our glag be taken, when I got to base, I couldn't do anything but hope our flag was returned and get the points. Well, I was killed. Multiple times doing this, and I was featured at the bottom of the scorebore? They rewarded flag defense and kills over capturing the flag and tradeoff deaths for the team to win. It's unfair.

Scoreboards should include more data and stats.
Message 1 of 3 (292 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @grayfox908 

Thank you for this feedback, I will forward it to the developers. I guess your dedication to the team victory can`t always be measured by the points you get in the end. I myself deal a ton of damage to enemy titans, but rarely get to kill one, so my score is pretty average. But in the end, if my team is victorious, I don`t worry about my personal final score this much.  

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 3 (271 Views)

★★★★ Novice

personally i think youre putting to much value into the scoreboard. its not meant to show whos the best, it shows who has done what. If you were the last titan standing on your team, then that says to me that you were not defending but hiding from the enemy's you should have pushed the flank and gotten the DMG to put you on the board. As for CTF i have had multiple games where i was waiting for my team to return the flag, and its absolutly fair that you shouldnt get any points for holding the flag. cuz at the end of the day, you did nothing. you accomplished nothing. As for kills putting up your score, kills only matter when your at a tie with another player i.e. 0 cap 0 returnes, the player with more kills has done more for the team. but 1 cap/return counts for more then infinite kills. 

All in all, your agument is invalid. It just seems like your grumpy or upset from not being at the top of the meaningless scoreboard. if you have so much value in it, then play off of it. go for titan dmg and kills, go for caps and returns. then youll see how much better youll actually do

Message 3 of 3 (265 Views)