[PC]- unable to connect to EA server to activate Titanfall 2

by clamy24

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC]- unable to connect to EA server to activate Titanfall 2

★★★ Novice

so, i have just bought titanfall 2 and i thought i'd copy the files from a friend who has it to save time on the download. All seems well and titanfall 2 seems to be good as far as the installation goes. the problem is that whenever try to play, i get a window showing that Origin was unable to connect to EA servers to activate the game with my account. i dont know why, is there a problem with copying the game files if i've bought the game? does it relate to my account? i did try to just activate it, but i dont think i got anything like an activation code in my emails.

Message 1 of 12 (1,240 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC]- unable to connect to EA server to activate Titanfall 2

★★★ Novice

so, it seems i can play now. yay. but in all seriousness, i'd like to know what happened. it seems like the kind of problem that could happen at any time.

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (1,302 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

dont worry, i have the same problem..it wouldent be the copied files i dont think, cause i have downloaded my digitally and from the disc three times already it didnt do anything..if you have fixed this please contact me [edit: email address removed]

Message 2 of 12 (1,227 Views)

★★★ Novice

well damn, i was hoping this was some kind of answer. i hope it's just some sort of server experiencing downtime kind of situation or something.

Message 3 of 12 (1,216 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the posts. Can you try launching a different game, do you see the same issue?

Can I check that you're launching the game from within the Origin library?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 12 (1,211 Views)

★★★ Novice

i dont have any other game aside from titanfall 2, so i cant really test that out. and how do i show you? through screenshots? if you were asking, then yes, i did open it through origin. i tried running by just clicking the shortcut too, but that just opens up origin. i tried playing in offline mode, got prompted for my email and password, and still it failed to activate even with a connection.

i'm also just wondering, i bought a digital copy and all that but, wasnt i supposed to get an activation key with the purchase as well?

Message 5 of 12 (1,207 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Regarding CD Keys: it's an automatic process.  During the purchase transaction, the code is registered to your player account. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,199 Views)

Community Manager

@clamy24 Hi, we have a bunch of free games, you could try grabbing one of them as a test. If download limits are a concern you may be prevented from doing this. 

Can you try repairing the game and try to launch again? If you right-click the game panel in Origin you should get the repair option. 

As gorath says, you don't get a discrete code, the "game owned" token is added to your account when you purchase the game. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 12 (1,188 Views)

★★★ Novice

well, i copied my friend's download because i didnt have enough data to download it myself. i think i barely have enough data in a month to download the current free game.

i did try repairing. and it did so just fine. i tried updating as well. but it seems both didnt work.

Message 8 of 12 (1,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

i just found out today that my friend, who bought need for speed just last night, is also having the same problem as me. i dont know if this actually helps.

Message 9 of 12 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Novice

so, it seems i can play now. yay. but in all seriousness, i'd like to know what happened. it seems like the kind of problem that could happen at any time.

Message 10 of 12 (1,303 Views)