Re: [PC] Titanfall2.exe wont appear but visible in Task Manager

by RazorReaperr

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I think the problem is within the game itself. I'm aware my gpu doesn't meet the requirement, but it still manages to launch BF1 without problems.
Even BF1 requests the same requirement as TF2 but it manages to launch. This game isn't even launching! No error messages, nothing. I've played many games using my old  dual core rig despite not meeting the min requirements of a particular game but it still runs. What problems happen's during/after in-game is a different story.

Besides, I'm not the only one with this problem. 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-board%3Atitanf...

Message 11 of 23 (1,912 Views)

Hero

win+r

perfmon /rel
give to us detailed info of errors with tf2 if it is there

Message 12 of 23 (1,901 Views)

Community Manager

@RazorReaperr

Just to add a little to @MADrag0n post: when you open Reliability Monitor click on the Critical event which looks like a red button with a white X in the graph.

In the Action column for the Titanfall2.exe critical event click View technical details and then copy and paste the Description here.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 13 of 23 (1,891 Views)

★★★ Newbie

please tell me if you got it worked. then how you did it. Im having the exact same problem....

Message 14 of 23 (1,798 Views)

Re: [PC] Titanfall2.exe won't appear but visible in Task Manager

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The last member to have an active problem was two months ago, which is FAR too long for ordinary AHQ members to stick around in here, sorry! 

Message 15 of 23 (1,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Its still the same as before. As usual EA boffins will give the same BS all day long saying that your hardware doesn't meet the min req bla bla bla whereas I have BF1 and it runs as usual on my system (and BF1 requires even higher requirement as TF2). Those who have this problem is within the game itself. 

No wonder why TF2 is not as hyped as other games. This title deserves the poor reception for terrible support. A total failure. I will not be recommending this game to anyone at all. 

Message 16 of 23 (1,781 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I haven't looked that i5 up yet, but if it doesn't have Hyperthreading, it won't work.   Trying the game with only HALF of the required system memory won't work.  Trying to get past the opening menu with half of the requited VRAM will be unlikely to work! 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6402P CPU @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTS 450
   Dedicated Memory: 979 MB

Message 17 of 23 (1,772 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

My ancient rig with a 2.4Ghz Intel Pentium processor with an old school nvidia 9300GE with 256mb gpu was able to even able to RUN BF3 and BF4 despite way off the min requirements list. The game did not even open a window. Even if I'm having intel graphics I should at least be able to see the window. You are not in our situation you probably wont understand. 

This game is a total failure. Nuff said.

Message 18 of 23 (1,769 Views)

Re: [PC] Titanfall2.exe can't run, but shows in Task Manager -- finished

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Of course I wouldn't waste time on an ancient Pentium, of ANY kind whatsoever, I know better,  The 9300 and 9500 were trash in that graphics generation, only a 9600 GT was usable to run that era's game as they were designed.  I used an 8800 GT then, bought after the 9nnn generation was released for less than half the original MSRP. 

When the GT200 generation came out, I got a 9800 GT for about a third of the original cost, there was no actual Geforce 3nn generation, and I've used Radeons instead, and have continued doing so. 

You have too many other deficiencies, so IMO, gaming isn't particularly important in your household.  The 450 GTS was about like a 9600 GT, but is OLD now, six generations worth! 

Message 19 of 23 (1,763 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ouuhhhh way to go Captain Obvious think I don't know that. Not everybody is rich to own a fancy new card. If gaming wasn't my thing I would not be wasting my time and money buying this game. Standard smile
Message 20 of 23 (1,757 Views)