[PC] Titanfall 2 install stuck at 41%

by 1-Megabulochka-1

Original Post

Re: [PC] Titanfall 2 install stuck at 41%

★★★ Novice

Yes, everything asked has been tried multiple times by me. If AV is on, I get the Directx error every time, so AV is always off. I tried a clean boot with every startup program off except microsoft stuff (like the instructions ask) multiple times and still have the error. However, the error is the same but the number at the end is now 1601

"Titanfall 2 error: the VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully setup cannot continue 1601"

HOWEVER, the 2010 service pack 1 is borked and will not install. I don't really care anymore as i'm done screwing around. I have decided to buy Windows 10 as this windows is about 7 years old with too many problems. Thanks for all your help but i'm not going to attempt playing TF2 until the fresh windows install and new HD to go with it. If I have any problems after that, you might hear from me.

Thanks

Message 11 of 25 (2,479 Views)

Community Manager

Ah, that's not ideal for now, but yes please let us know how you get on after the upgrade. 

Good luck!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 12 of 25 (2,472 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issues with my digital copy. I have updated my graphics card and OS. I have cleared my cache, disabled AV, performed a clean boot and ran origin as an administrator. Whenever I try to run the VC manually, it fails whether I try to repair or even unistall.

Message 13 of 25 (2,461 Views)

Community Manager

@Rikki_Tik_Tav Hi, you don't mention your anti-virus. If you've tried the others steps and they were ineffective, please try temporarily disabling this and try to install the package again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 14 of 25 (2,457 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_David I had symantec endpoint and have removed it from the system. I just ran the install once more and it gives me the same error.

Message 15 of 25 (2,449 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, I finally got it working. The VC++ application was corrupt and would not repair or uninstall itself from the folder. So instead, I went to control panel and found the VC++ that the game required and uninstalled it from programs in the control panel. From here the origin would read the game as ready to play but its missing the other half of the game. So from here it finally allows the option to repair the game. Which from there origin installs the remaining files and the game will finally install properly. 

Message 16 of 25 (10,158 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Rikki_Tik_Tav

That is very useful information - thanks a lot for posting this!

Message 17 of 25 (2,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just an update after installing Windows 10. Everything works fine now but it still took some re-installing and screaming Standard smile

Error 1601 popped up again so I repaired the SP1 VC++ manually, then got a DirectX error. Manually ran the DX in the folder and the game wouldn't do anything. Found out that Origin was stuck in limbo and would not run, ran task manager to kill it and reset the comp. I changed the install folder to default and re-installed. Ran Origin again and the game said complete (even though it was only half way), so I right clicked and repaired TF2. After 45 mins of repairing, it passed the 42% mark and finished at 100%. Game now works.

This was on a fresh NEW HD with no anti-virus and still had problems installing. Sounds like something wrong with the games coding?? No clue really but I'm glad it works now.

EDIT* - Ran as Admin each time 

Message 18 of 25 (2,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

[admin edit: comment removed]

Message 19 of 25 (2,016 Views)

EA DICE Team

@TR-BOZKURTTT

It is against the forum rules to refer to using third-party methods to download our games. Please don't mention such methods in your post.

Message 20 of 25 (2,002 Views)