[PC] Titanfall 2 install stuck at 41%

by 1-Megabulochka-1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Titanfall 2 install stuck at 41%

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to install titanfall 2 for the last day. The installer has been stuck at 41% and says calculating. I have tried restarting the origin app and pc and nothing works.

Message 1 of 25 (14,879 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Titanfall 2 install stuck at 41%

★★ Novice

Okay, I finally got it working. The VC++ application was corrupt and would not repair or uninstall itself from the folder. So instead, I went to control panel and found the VC++ that the game required and uninstalled it from programs in the control panel. From here the origin would read the game as ready to play but its missing the other half of the game. So from here it finally allows the option to repair the game. Which from there origin installs the remaining files and the game will finally install properly. 

View in thread

Message 16 of 25 (9,970 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@1-Megabulochka-1

Hi,

Please make sure that your anti-virus, anti-malware or firewall isn't blocking Origin or Titanfall.

Additionally, make sure to always run Origin as administrator (right-click, run as admin). If you experience further issues then try the installation while in a clean boot.

Message 2 of 25 (14,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked for me do activate the repair option in Origin when you Right-click on the Titanfall 2 Icon... this forced the installation.

Message 3 of 25 (14,831 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Garthiel

Thanks for posting this Standard smile

Message 4 of 25 (14,814 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Straatford87

Thats allright. Hope it worked for @1-Megabulochka-1 :-)

Message 5 of 25 (14,796 Views)

★ Novice

Took me three tries to finally figure out what was going on, in my case the installation of the game was waiting for the installation/update of DirectX, but for some reason this update didn't end, so I needed to end the process Depuration of Microsoft DirectX(32bits) using the task manager and wait for a minute, everything went fine, so before I restart my machine I entered in C:/ProgramFiles/OriginGames/TItanFall2/_installers/DirectX/redist and runned the DirectX.exe so I make sure it was installed.

Message 6 of 25 (14,764 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the exact problem and nothing works. Anti-virus is off, no malware * is on, firewall is good and a fresh boot does nothing. There is no repair option either since it's not fully downloaded, so I have a game that does nothing, fun.

Message 7 of 25 (14,675 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Xevrez

Try clearing the Origin cache and then running as administrator - that should help you complete your download. If the issue persist then try a clean boot.

Message 8 of 25 (14,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for responding, Tom. I have done everything you asked and now i have a new problem. (should I start a new post?)

Last night I went directly into the TF2 folder/directx/redist and ran the directx exe myself. This fixed the "stuck at 41%" issue, but caused another...

Titanfall 2 error: the VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully setup cannot continue 1622

I have installed every VC++ runtime redistributable package from 2008 to 2015 for 64bit systems, I even tried some x86. Nothing changes this error, not even clearing the cache or a clean boot.

EDIT* - Forgot to mention I installed the latest drivers for my video card and any updates to Windows 7

Message 9 of 25 (14,594 Views)

Community Manager

@Xevrez Hey, you run through a bunch of this stuff in your earlier post, but can you ensure that your system in the clean-booted, AV-disabled state when trying to run the redist package, if it wasn't already?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 25 (14,543 Views)