[PC] - Titanfall 2 - Audio stuttering drags down framerate

by nuclear314

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] - Titanfall 2 - Audio stuttering drags down framerate

★★★ Novice

So I bought titanfall 2 because I liked the first one. Now I'm trying to play the game and I have one mayor issue. Whatever mode I play, be it single or multiplayer, my game goes to nothing due to a bug in the audio system. The audio stutters which in its turn makes my frames drop to nothing. This has stopped me from playing, as it is impossible to make any delicate manouvers like wallrunning or jumping and shooting at the same time. It's very random, but very annoying. I've read only that it is due to the uncopressed audio and my disk not being fast enough. I've put it on an SSD now, still the same problem. Even a higher sampling rate didn't fix it (192000 Hz, 24 bits). Even repairing doesn't fix the problem. I've bought the game because I liked the first instance, but now I feel like I've wasted money on a broken game. PC specs are as followed:

Processor: Intel I5-4460, stock speed, water cooled.

Motherboard: MSI H97 Gaming 3

Graphics card: Gigabyte Geforce 970 Gaming 1

Lowering the graphics doesn't work either. Even at low the problem still exists. Please fix this, because I really want to play the game.

On a side note, the subtitles are also off. Slight issue, but not my biggest concern here.

Message 1 of 24 (45,730 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] - Titanfall 2 - Audio stuttering drags down framerate

Community Manager

@nuclear314

I would have thought that reducing the sampling rate and/or bit depth would reduce the processing load. Maybe try 44.1Khz/16 bit just for testing purposes. Are you getting your audio via the video card/HDMI or do you have a separate sound card?

If you use a separate sound card it may be worthwhile running your video driver setup and choose custom install and clean install as well as deselecting the audio component.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 24 (51,693 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@nuclear314

I would have thought that reducing the sampling rate and/or bit depth would reduce the processing load. Maybe try 44.1Khz/16 bit just for testing purposes. Are you getting your audio via the video card/HDMI or do you have a separate sound card?

If you use a separate sound card it may be worthwhile running your video driver setup and choose custom install and clean install as well as deselecting the audio component.

barry.png
Message 2 of 24 (51,694 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, it fixed my problem. Thanks for the help.

Odd thing though, because the same issue happend in skyrim, but there I had to upsample.

Welp, it's fixed now, so be warry cause theirs another pilot hitting home!

Message 3 of 24 (45,557 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! how you fixed this? I have the same problem but I dont find the correct way to fix it.

Message 4 of 24 (45,536 Views)

★★★ Novice

Seems that this issue is a real pain.

Way to fix it:

1. Go into Configuration panel -> Hardware & Audio -> Audio, a little window should pop up now.

2. Select your audio device that is playing the music, you can check which one it is by playing some music, then some green bars will appear next to the audible device.

3. Right click en select properties, then go to the advanced tab.

4. Here you will find a dropdown menu, select 16 bits, 44100 Hz.

5. Check if it worked. If not, you have another problem.

6. Report back soldier and leave some feedback.

That's my fix according to the EA post above and my own pc flow.

If it worked, like.

If not, please show me your steps on what you did.

Message 5 of 24 (45,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did help me atleast for 1 match now its there again every thing is just temporary and before the update i didnt really had that issue its so annoying that i am not playing anymore... hope you can fix it. if its fix able

Message 6 of 24 (45,440 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Guys try disabling Origin overlay.
Next to Play button in Origin, settings -> game properties-> untick "Enable Origin Overlay"

Message 7 of 24 (42,185 Views)

★★★ Newbie

glad I'm not the only one having this problem. no matter what, there's this inescapable lag in either single or multiplayer no matter the graphics settings. 

Message 8 of 24 (41,604 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, and I don't use a sound card.

Message 9 of 24 (41,602 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is everyone 110% Certain that it is the audio causing the stutters? and that it isnt a side effect of a stutter which is most cases it is. If you you think it is a sound issue,

I would reset my Factory card in the settings and make sure all of the settings are stock and not modified(As there is a good 18) and make sure all your drivers are up-to-date including your sound card (Even if you dont have a Seprate card your mother board has one installed.)

Message 10 of 24 (41,507 Views)