[PC, Steam] Origin says I don't own the game anymore, even though I obviously do

by naranciagaming

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC, Steam] Origin says I don't own the game anymore, even though I obviously do

★ Novice

A few days ago, Titanfall 2 started refusing to launch - when I click the "Play" button on Steam, the button turns blue for about a second and then goes back to the green "Play" button, like nothing happened. If I go into Origin, it says that I don't own the game, as I am no longer a member of EA Play, even though I don't play this game through EA Play, I bought it directly through Steam. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Titanfall 2 and Origin, but that hasn't helped. I even e-mailed EA Support, but they were (as usual) completely useless, not even bothering to message me back. This seems to have started happening for no apparent reason, as just a few hours prior, I had been playing the game without any issues.

Windows 10, latest updates

GTX 1070, latest drivers

Ryzen 5 1600

8GB RAM

Message 1 of 3 (2,156 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC, Steam] Origin says I don't own the game anymore, even though I obviousl

Community Manager

Hey @naranciagaming,

This sounds like an issue I've seen a few times. The EA Help team should be able to get that sorted out for you. Since it's account-related, I'm afraid it isn't something we can assist with on Answers HQ. 

For more information on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with the EA Help team on Twitter or Facebook as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (2,121 Views)

All Replies

Re: [PC, Steam] Origin says I don't own the game anymore, even though I obviousl

Community Manager

Hey @naranciagaming,

This sounds like an issue I've seen a few times. The EA Help team should be able to get that sorted out for you. Since it's account-related, I'm afraid it isn't something we can assist with on Answers HQ. 

For more information on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with the EA Help team on Twitter or Facebook as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 3 (2,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same issue, a Temporary fix to this is to completely exit out of origin before launching through steam.

Message 3 of 3 (1,648 Views)