Re: PC Freezes After Closing Game

by Mentalist4006

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC Freezes After Closing Game

★★★ Newbie

The past few times, I've been running Titanfall 2 on recommended settings, with Very High for the textures and a target FPS at 40.  During the game, I don't have any performance issues - no jitter, freezing, or jumping between texture resolutions.  Once I close the game and Origin, however, about half of the time the operating system freezes, to the point that I have to force shut down and restart the PC.  It seems like this is a memory issue, but I don't get any errors or warnings.  Any ideas?

Windows 10 Home

i7-8750

16 GB RAM
Geforce GTX 1060

Message 1 of 5 (1,468 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Sorry for the late reply - I use a spam email so I don't see notifications usually. for those having issues, the answer was twofold, I believe:

1. Windows is finicky when changing display settings, ie switching monitors on or off. I noticed after switching monitors that the displays would freeze on occasion. Usually putting the computer to sleep afterwards or doing a graphics reset is a fix.
  2. I believe I turned down the texture settings and that fixed nearly all of the crashes.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,083 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Mentalist4006

Have you had a chance to try repairing Titanfall 2 in Origin to see if that makes a difference at all? If there's some kind of issue with corrupted or missing data that may help fix it. 

If you right-click on the game in the Origin Library you'll see a Repair option when the menu comes up. Let me know if that helps with the freezing at all. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,424 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Mentalist4006

Were you able to try a repair? Did that help at all with the freezing issues you've been seeing? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 5 (1,394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry for the late reply - I use a spam email so I don't see notifications usually. for those having issues, the answer was twofold, I believe:

1. Windows is finicky when changing display settings, ie switching monitors on or off. I noticed after switching monitors that the displays would freeze on occasion. Usually putting the computer to sleep afterwards or doing a graphics reset is a fix.
  2. I believe I turned down the texture settings and that fixed nearly all of the crashes.
Message 4 of 5 (1,084 Views)

Community Manager

@Mentalist4006 

Nice! Thanks for following up and sharing these details. I'm glad you were able to figure out what was happening. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,071 Views)