[PC] Can't access multiplayer - "Retrieving Matchmaking List"

by UrsaDuo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Can't access multiplayer - "Retrieving Matchmaking List"

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello. I recently reinstalled Titanfall 2, but I can't get onto multiplayer, despite being able to years ago.

I forwarded all ports needed, I tried a fix in another thread and I reset my network settings and drivers. I also made DMZ targeting my computer, but to no avail.

Another thing to note is that all data centers are at -1 ping.

Thank you in advance for helping.

Message 1 of 17 (1,111 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Can't access multiplayer - "Retrieving Matchmaking List"

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent While my Tracert test went fine, I think I figured out the issue. I called my router company and they claimed that the current model of router, the MG7550, Doesn't NAT properly for gaming. I will test a replacement router of a different make.
If that works, I'll mark it as the solution.

View in thread

Message 14 of 17 (1,526 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @UrsaDuo

When you have a chance could you share a DxDiag so we can take a look? 

You can find more information on how to pull one up at the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 17 (1,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Thank you for the reply! How can I do a DxDiag?
Message 3 of 17 (1,046 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent Alright, I found out how to use DxDiag, and here's the diagnostic information

Message 4 of 17 (1,043 Views)

Community Manager

@UrsaDuo 

Thank you!

I sometimes see this issue happen with certain network cards, but it doesn't look like your PC is using any of the ones that tend to have this issue. Have you tried starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that makes any difference? If there's something else running that's blocking TF2 from connecting that may help to get around it. 

For more details on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 17 (1,016 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Thank you for the tip! Unfortunately, it didn't solve the issue.
Any other measures I can take?
Message 6 of 17 (994 Views)

Community Manager

@UrsaDuo 

I appreciate you giving that a shot. 

What happens if you try launching Titanfall 2 through a different Windows Admin account? If you need more info on how to set one up check out the Microsoft Support site

Let me know if you're still having trouble accessing multiplayer when logged in with a different Windows user. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 17 (976 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Just tried on another account and unfortunately, no luck.
Message 8 of 17 (963 Views)

Community Manager

@UrsaDuo 

Thanks for giving that a shot as well. 

Can we try changing the DNS in Windows to see if that helps? You can update it through the Windows TCP/IP Settings. For more information on how to get there check out the Microsoft Support website. If you select the Manual option you'll be able to enter a DNS of your choosing. 

I usually go with the public Google DNS (primary DNS: 8.8.8.8; secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4), but if there's a different DNS you would prefer using instead that's OK as well. If you can give that a shot please let me know how it goes. 

Thanks again, 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 17 (936 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Changed the dns on both my router and my computer, and it did nothing. Im starting to believe it's a problem with my router since I'm experiencing the same problem on other games.
Message 10 of 17 (920 Views)