[Origin] - Error (1638) redistributable package installed unsuccesfully.

by JavisBui

Original Post

[Origin] - Error (1638) redistributable package installed unsuccesfully.

★ Novice

Platform: PC

Detail: Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1638)

Steps tried: both game and pc are up to date. Tried with this solution, but there wasn't any vcredist.exe in the folder.

DXDIAG: included in the attachment

Message 1 of 6 (2,453 Views)

Re: [Origin] - Error (1638) redistributable package installed unsuccesfully.

Community Manager

@JavisBui Hey, can I confirm that there are no vcredits in \Origin Games\Titanfall2\__Installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redis or Origin Games\Titanfall2\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update4\redist?

Or are these folders missing completely?

If the redist packages show up there please run them both as in the linked article. 

If not, for some reason Origin is being prevented from writing the game data to your Drive. Normally this is due to overzealous security software, you can try  running Origin as an administrator and (temporarily) disabling your anti-virus, then try to install again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (2,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. I tried doing the steps you suggested and the result was the same.

Message 3 of 6 (2,411 Views)

Community Manager

@lindaa266 Hi, did the redist packages run and tell you that they were successfully installed? Also, to be sure, try disabling the AV before running the setup. It also can't hurt to throw another repair in there with the AV disabled. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (2,393 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David I tried repairing the 2010 redist but it told me another version of this already installed. But when I tried the 2013 redist to repair, it worked. (I repaired for both x64 and x86!) But it still had the error :c
Message 5 of 6 (1,433 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Titanfall 2 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (1,208 Views)