My game won't start. (More details follow)

by xsnowdude1337x

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game won't start. (More details follow)

★★ Novice
Whenever i try to load the game up it "took too long to start" (im on xbox by the way) and the "help" tells me to go to the game tile in my games or apps/hit menu on the game/ and choose the quit option. Well the quit option isnt available meaning that its already closed. So i restart my xbox one and that didn't work. So i finally uninstaled and reinstalled the game and that didn't work either. Please someone help because i dont want to factory reset just to play one of my favorite games
Message 1 of 15 (4,635 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My game won't start. (More details follow)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello @xsnowdude1337x  

I just wish, there were anything else we could do for you. This error looks completely console-related, not the game. [Obsolete link removed - Admin.] Some users reported clearing additional space on your hard drive, before installing the game might solve this. Factory reset can also fix this sometimes. If both of those advises fails, I would recommend you to get in touch with Microsoft Support directly. http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/contact-us Let me know how it goes. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (5,602 Views)

All Replies

Hello @xsnowdude1337x 

I am really sorry for this issue with the game. Well, if Factory Reset is not an option for you, can  you try to uninstall the game, power cycle your console and install the game? Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 2 of 15 (4,610 Views)

★★ Novice
I will try this and get back to you
Message 3 of 15 (4,605 Views)

★★ Novice
That didn't work.
Message 4 of 15 (4,593 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello?
Message 5 of 15 (4,565 Views)

Hello @xsnowdude1337x 

So after the Factory Reset and reinstalling the game, it gives you the same error? Any chance you can make a screenshot of the error message for us? Campaign is not working for you as well? But you were able to play the game before? 

Archi.png
Message 6 of 15 (4,554 Views)

★★ Novice
I didn't factory reset it. But i did uninstall it, then i turned it off, then back on and reinstalled it and it still wont let me play (it wont even open the game) here's a picture picture of the problem the code at the end is 0x80070002
Message 7 of 15 (4,547 Views)

★★ Novice
And yes i have been able to play before
Message 8 of 15 (4,546 Views)

Hello @xsnowdude1337x 

Any chance you can try to run the game with an alternative profile on your Xbox One? Also, tell us, if you game is a physical disc version or a digital download one? 

Archi.png
Message 9 of 15 (4,518 Views)

★★ Novice
I tried to use my brother's profile and that didn't work, and it is a digital download. Also thank you for helping me and being patient with me.
Message 10 of 15 (4,503 Views)