Re: Multiplayer Unplayable [PC]

by RossyBoy92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Multiplayer Unplayable [PC]

★★ Novice

Played the campaign fine with no issues, now every time I try to play online it stutters lags or just disconnects mid match / at the end of the match.

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection and get under 20 ping to their DC. Followed all the steps recommended on the Titanfall website none of which has fixed this issue.

Also uninstalled and reinstalled the game and fresh installed Windows with the latest graphics drivers.

This is beyond a joke that their has been no response from Respawn to admit it is their issue rather than blame it on someones connection... Every other game I play online I have never experienced issues like this.

Sort it out!

Message 1 of 9 (1,765 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Okay, wanted to update because I managed to fix this tonight, found a youtube video that told me to go to control panel and disable all network adapters not being used. My computer, it turns out, had two wi-fi cards, so disabling one of them (plus my wired network adapters) seems to have fixed the problem. I don't know why it worked before but not tonight, but this seems to have cleared it up. Hope that helps someone.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (1,852 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @RossyBoy92 

I am really sorry, you having this troubles with multiplayer. Have you tried to open corresponding TCP ports? We also have an article here on the most common connection issues, check the troubleshooting steps, mentioned there.

Keep me posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,735 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi

Yes I have opened the required ports, another thing I don't usually have to do when playing online games.

In regards to that troubleshooting link, there is no problem with my connection AT ALL as stated in my first post.

I am appalled that Respawn have not even attempted to fix this and they flat out ignore their customers. I will never buy one of their games again.

Message 3 of 9 (1,725 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You are not the only one with a bad MP experience

Message 4 of 9 (1,709 Views)

Hello @RossyBoy92 

And let me say, I am very sorry for this troubles. Troubleshooting on PC can be very difficult, due to great difference in the configuration. Can you try to load your system, using Clean Boot, to see if this will improve your connectivity? And one more thing, if this is not too hard, can you gather a DxDiag for us here. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 9 (1,697 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I bought the game at launch and have only played it a handful of times due to other distractions, every time I went to play before today I had no problems, went to play tonight and got disconnected from the server every time I attempted to play. As others here have said, I have no problems with other games, and I had no problem with *this* game until tonight (although I hadn't attempted to connect in a few weeks). I attempted a solution from another thread about resetting to default settings, that was enough to get me into a server, long enough to play for about 20 seconds before lagging out and disconnecting. Again, I play other games (Overwatch, Battlefield 1) without this being an issue.

Message 6 of 9 (1,683 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, wanted to update because I managed to fix this tonight, found a youtube video that told me to go to control panel and disable all network adapters not being used. My computer, it turns out, had two wi-fi cards, so disabling one of them (plus my wired network adapters) seems to have fixed the problem. I don't know why it worked before but not tonight, but this seems to have cleared it up. Hope that helps someone.

Message 7 of 9 (1,853 Views)

Thank you @caldrax for sharing this with us here. I hope other players will find your post useful. Disabling network adapters was an issue at the launch of the game, but I have not seen any post about this for a long time. I will forward your post to our experts.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 8 of 9 (1,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello.
Enabling the TCP/UDP ports  and disabling out of use network adapters worked for Battlefront.
But it did't work for Titanfall 2 (only the ports for "Titanfall" are liste on the link, I tryed them anyway), still can't find a match. 
Tryed the clean boot and everyting.

Message 9 of 9 (1,625 Views)