Matchmaking against higher levels - Titanfall 2

by Harkarnan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Matchmaking against higher levels - Titanfall 2

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So it seems that every game i'm vsing G6-10s and getting my arse handed to me. 

I've only had the game a couple of days and I understand if they were close to the same level as me i wouldn't mind but going against someone who has clearly put a lot more time into the game and is a lot more skilled than me I find just heartbreaking that i'm going against what is stereotypically known as a "power gamer" or a "competitive gamer which to me sucks a lot.

I really don't want to sound like a spoil child here but i came to enjoy a game, not to be slaughtered constantly over and over again in matches because I'm vsing G6-10s who have time to put more time into the game.

Is there any way of you guys looking into this?

Cheers

Message 1 of 11 (4,882 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Matchmaking against higher levels - Titanfall 2

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I know there's a patch coming later today with a new game mode. With such updates there's usually a population spike so there should be an even wider spread of skill/experience levels. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (4,699 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

For one regen is only really game time. it doesnt translate to skill. i have face plenty of G5-6 and they were painfully bad, where as some lvl 10's have absolutely dominated a game. Now i dont want to sound like an *, but i know it will. If you are so bad, youre just getting dominated every game, you may need to go do some practice rounds, watch some youtube videos. learn to be better instead of complaning to the devs to mold the game around your issues that most players dont seem to have.

Message 2 of 11 (4,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Totally agree with you I always finish last in the group needs an update Titanll 2 should have a option where you can pick unrankad or ranked

Message 3 of 11 (4,828 Views)

★★ Novice

Tbh rank does count towards how skillful you are at the game as you have had more time to play the game than others, Yes i don't play the game that often and i exspect to get slaughtered but to people that are clearly higher level than me. I'm not a person who goes on youtube to learn a game, i play the game to learn. I have got better these past few weeks but when it comes to the G6 - 10, they are still wrecking games with people who only play the game such a short time.

Message 4 of 11 (4,812 Views)

★★★★ Novice

People who watch youtube and learn from peers to get better are generally the people who are dedicated to the game. One thing is natural talent and another is skill. I have a natural talent for games, meaning i boot up the game and do better then the average player. even before i was G2 i was beating players who were G3-4 (kinda the highest at the time). But i cant say without a doubt, level does not mean skill, i play the game a lot and often with people who are G6-10 and they are just titan charge to me. Yes there is a small amount of skill to level involvement, but not much. the worst player in the game will eventually get to g10 if they keep playing, even if they are bottom of the score board every game, they will make it to level cap. so gen doesnt show skill. You're either good, or you're bad, its your choice if you want to learn to get better or not. 

Also matchmaking is based off ping, not skill

Message 5 of 11 (4,804 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Dsyphus 

I think the matching system is pretty fair. Right now I always place in the middle, and my my skills are not over the top. Sometimes you does encounter some players, who just beat the hell out or you, but as one my friend once said, you can`t learn anything constantly wining. Standard smile

Archi.png
Message 6 of 11 (4,792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hate to resuscitate a dead post, but, respectfully, you're wrong about the matchmaker. I'm glad you, a community manager, places well.

Me, a brand new player, had such a terrible experience getting completely dominated by experienced players that I haven't touched this thing in over a week and don't see any reason why that would change. If I can't learn by winning, I definitely can't learn by getting completely thrashed 100% of the time. Maybe pass a note up the line that there might be a problem with new player retention.

Message 7 of 11 (4,702 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I know there's a patch coming later today with a new game mode. With such updates there's usually a population spike so there should be an even wider spread of skill/experience levels. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 11 (4,700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I may as well add into this, I'm a pretty experienced fps player but since I bought this game a couple of days ago I'm constantly slaughtered and I have to play on London servers because it can take anything up to 40 minutes to get a game in Asia where I live. I'm gonna look into a refund because as is this game is unplayable.

Message 9 of 11 (3,758 Views)

★★ Novice

I disagree, people should have a good first impression into multiplayer before having to look up a bunch of videos and pratice over and over again in campaign.  The argument you make is just "git gud" but if your put into a match with people with over 100 hours into a game and you just started playing, you wont have a good time. 

Message 10 of 11 (2,265 Views)